City and Colour - Tour Variants

Whomp whomp - just got this email :( 

Hello,
Thank you for pre-ordering The Hurry And The Harm!
We are writing to inform you that, unfortunately, there has been a manufacturing delay with the The Hurry And The Harm vinyl.  We do not have a confirmed completion date at this time, and any orders containing vinyl will not ship until the vinyl is available - this also includes CD bundles that contain the 7" vinyl.  Rest assured that if you have already pre-ordered the vinyl, you are guaranteed to receive a copy.
Because of this delay, you will receive a digital copy of the album, at no extra cost, on release day(Tuesday, June 4) so that you may enjoy the music until your order arrives.  You will receive an email with a link to download the album on that day.
Once your order has shipped, you will receive a notification email including any tracking information (if applicable).
We sincerely apologize for the delay, and any inconvenience this may cause.  If you have any questions or concerns about your order, please do not hesitate to contact us by email at [email protected].
Thank you.

Customer Service
City and Colour Online Store

Yup, that's true. Awesome of them for doing that. I'm glad they aren't just rushing to get them out. Maybe there were problems pressing them? I don't mind waiting a bit of extra time because DA records are always amazing. I got a 7"* recently and the packaging and even the record were not very nice. I compared it with the Covers 7" and the difference in quality was night and day.

*should have noted that the 7" I got was not from DA but another label :)

Yup, that's true. Awesome of them for doing that. I'm glad they aren't just rushing to get them out. Maybe there were problems pressing them? I don't mind waiting a bit of extra time because DA records are always amazing. I got a 7" recently and the packaging and even the record were not very nice. I compared it with the Covers 7" and the difference in quality was night and day.

the entire pressing is delayed, not just the pre-ordered ones.. we're trying to do everything we can! its a beautiful package though, totally worth the wait!

No one should ever bitch about delays! They are the plants fault, rarely (probably never) the label or bands fault! If I were running a label I would account for the increase in delays due to increase in demand...Just set every release date back by 2-3 weeks to account for any delays...then when people get theirs a few weeks earlier if it isnt delayed, BANG!

But yes, the shipping made this super high in cost, but its from Canada...so again cant complain! Label or band doesn't control shipping rates!!! 

Patience....Also officially offering my extra copy, as I was one of the peeps that ended up getting 2 orders due to lag in site...So offering my copy to VC...sharing the love....PMs Only, dont post here

Was just saying! I paid £26 ($40) for this. The least i expect is it to be on time

Of course, cos it costs less to record, produce and duplicate a record when it's delayed. Don't bitch at the label, when it's probably down to the pressing plant. Delays happen all the time, deal with it.

No one should ever bitch about delays! They are the plants fault, rarely (probably never) the label or bands fault! If I were running a label I would account for the increase in delays due to increase in demand...Just set every release date back by 2-3 weeks to account for any delays...then when people get theirs a few weeks earlier if it isnt delayed, BANG!

But yes, the shipping made this super high in cost, but its from Canada...so again cant complain! Label or band doesn't control shipping rates!!! 

Patience....Also officially offering my extra copy, as I was one of the peeps that ended up getting 2 orders due to lag in site...So offering my copy to VC...sharing the love....PMs Only, dont post here

If we paid for something in advance and were told it was going to be ready by a certain date we have at least A LITTLE but of a right to bitch, maybe not directly at Dine Alone, but we do still have right to be upset.

In regards to shipping, call me crazy, but City And Colour has quite a few fans in the states and whoever handles his distribution should be able to account for that not and not pass the bill along to us. There are plenty of artists from outside the states who's music I can get without actually having to get it from the area the artist lives in, that's just good distribution and with an artist on City And Colour's scale we should be able to get the record from more than one place.

These are just my two cents.

If we paid for something in advance and were told it was going to be ready by a certain date we have at least A LITTLE but of a right to bitch, maybe not directly at Dine Alone, but we do still have right to be upset.

In regards to shipping, call me crazy, but City And Colour has quite a few fans in the states and whoever handles his distribution should be able to account for that not and not pass the bill along to us. There are plenty of artists from outside the states who's music I can get without actually having to get it from the area the artist lives in, that's just good distribution and with an artist on City And Colour's scale we should be able to get the record from more than one place.

These are just my two cents.