MTS-Blink TOYPAJ

I sent this e-mail to [email protected];

I e-mail Dan and R.J. asking for an update or the tracking number from the plant - which was promised on Tuesday to come that day or Wednesday, but here we are on Friday without one. Then, someone on vinylcollective posts accusations that the 7"s aren't even in production yet, and I ask you guys (both R.J. and Dan) through e-mail about it - because since you guys don't communicate or update, I have no reason to believe the 7"s are in production. No reply. Then, someone on vinylcollective says they ask for a refund - 20 minutes later they have one.

So. Are we getting the tracking numbers? Is everything actually ready to go, just put together and shipped like you guys said? Do you have to ask for a refund to get noticed? I know that adds another copy you guys could sell for an inflated price and all...

Thanks for the wonderful experience!

My guess - no response or a no response refund.

Epic!

I'm so glad I came of age in the early - mid 1990's. DIY was photocopying zines and bad 7"s covers but it was ernest and real - not a bunch of phony wanna-be CEOs talking about fucking Units and bullshit like that as they reissue LPs that they know will sell a few thousand copies if they press it on 18 colors. I honestly feel bad that so many kids right now have their money tied up in experiences like this and think this is what punk rock is in some way.

My time began in the late 90's so a bit of what you're referencing here was still hanging on when I got into this stuff - agree 100% that this isn't punk rock at all. It's baseball cards and product pushing.

Its was re-god-damn-diculous 3 months ago

Travis, why don't you just get it re-pressed and end this nonsense? I think you have a built in market.

I could easily get another pressing of this done but there's no point in doing that if these actually are coming out within the next few months.

I might do a repress anyways for all the people who canceled their orders/dont want to deal with MTS. I'll look into getting the 7"s pressed as well if those arent coming any time soon. I had thought about pressing those anyways and selling them as a 3x7" little box set back when I got TOYPAJ LP done.

I sound like a crank. There are plenty of decent folks doing re-issues on this very site. And represses are a great thing in my opinion as they keep music accessible. It's this oddball mentality behind labels that seemingly do nothing but reissues with talk of profits and bottom lines and bullshit like that. One such label did use the phrase "moving units" on here and I near blew a vein in my forehead. The guy from Jailhouse got a lot of shit for his rants but you know what, he's right overall.

Travis, why don't you just get it re-pressed and end this nonsense? I think you have a built in market.

I could easily get another pressing of this done but there's no point in doing that if these actually are coming out within the next few months.

I might do a repress anyways for all the people who canceled their orders/dont want to deal with MTS. I'll look into getting the 7"s pressed as well if those arent coming any time soon. I had thought about pressing those anyways and selling them as a 3x7" little box set back when I got TOYPAJ LP done.

You're killing me, Travis...you're killing me. ;)

If that e-mail on the last page was correct, maybe this release won't actually ever happen...

I might do a repress anyways for all the people who canceled their orders/dont want to deal with MTS. I'll look into getting the 7"s pressed as well if those arent coming any time soon. I had thought about pressing those anyways and selling the

m as a 3x7" little box set back when I got TOYPAJ LP done.

You're killing me, Travis...you're killing me. ;)

If that e-mail on the last page was correct, maybe this release won't actually ever happen...

Ive got a bunch of other things Im trying to get pressed/repressed right now (one of which just cleared this week so hopefully I can make a thread about that on here very soon, you guys will be really stoked :)) so once I get a few of those cleared up Ill look into a TOYPAJ repress if these still havent come out by then.

HT should just repress these again. MTS has already embarrassed themselves to a new all time low. This thread started off w/ "I'll order it an will not receive it till late November" type of understanding. Since then we have received discount codes, promises of a free vinyl, and other nonsense with no talk of the actual formation of the product we intended to purchase.

The release date has been pushed back month after month with promises that were pushed even further back. Those who inquiry for information are ignored till it blows up in MTS's war-torn faces and then magically "find" the e-mail. Then to release an e-mail that says in lamest terms "Don't like it? Don't fucking buy it then" from the owner and also mod of this board.

This is just a slap in our faces, even though it is a measly $44 (Which is only about 1/2 a tank of gas now) where is the pride of this label to treat everyone the way they should be treated as a customer? I've had better help from Microsoft tech support, shit we even have people denying free orders due to the bullshit thrown into us.

I have purchased all the Blink presses from MTS and as well as his various other release from bands (including my friends band who recently got signed to the lbael.) But to wait this long and have my order cancelled over a Tweet on Christmas Eve is just mind boggling.

I had to join just to say how ridiculous this is... I've used this forum for many months to get updates on represses and such, but never got around to actually signing up. This foolishness is what convinced me. As someone who pre ordered this in july, expecting to get it by august in time for my birthday, i was really stoked for this at first. I remember Neighborhoods hadn't even came out yet, and joking with my friends "Hey wouldn't it be funny if we got Neighborhoods before TOYPAJ?" It turns out we did, and it's really not that funny. I've gotten blink 182 S/T in the time since. This is my first time dealing with MTS and probably the last. I just hope these actually materialize at some point. I've been waiting this long, i don't mind waiting another half a year for this so i probably won't ask for a refund.

LOL it took them months just to make Photoshopped pictures of what the record might actually look like when it's finally made... while continuing to sign bands no one cares about and giving updates about those like no tomorrow! I hope my order isn't cancelled when they read my bitching

I've been bitching on here and Facebook (pretty relentlessly on FB, actually) and they haven't cancelled my order yet. Don't know what had crawled up their ass with HipsterAsFolks tweet...

Finally decided to register for the board after being a lurker for a long time. I am tempted to cancel my order as I think this release will not see the light of day. I ordered a copy of the 180 gram black LP along with a copy of each the red, green , and yellow LP's. I am also starting to question if MTS really even has the "written foreword" they have mentioned.

Could you please post/screen cap those emails between you and the pressing plants? Feel free to black out your email

I can't sorry, I didn't actually get the e-mails, someone messaged me that information after I asked about what pressing plant they use. That person has deleted their account now I think, they just signed up to message me that info and left.

Could you please post/screen cap those emails between you and the pressing plants? Feel free to black out your email

I can't sorry, I didn't actually get the e-mails, someone messaged me that information after I asked about what pressing plant they use. That person has deleted their account now I think, they just signed up to message me that info and left.

For what it's worth, Ken Brisbin is a real guy, but having a plant spend time answering emails like that from a random person seems strange to me when they are up to their necks in work.

Either way, don't bother Ken so he can finish working on a record for me that is actually in production. ;)

For what it's worth, Ken Brisbin is a real guy, but having a plant spend time answering emails like that from a random person seems strange to me when they are up to their necks in work.

Either way, don't bother Ken so he can finish working on a record for me that is actually in production. ;)

which is?? ;)

just trying to make sense of this. They miss the release date and push it back 3 months. To appease the buyers they offer them a discount on another purchase? Why not cut the price on the actual purchase they made? Now they got people to spend even more money.

Also, I cant respect a record label owner who puts out "hi-quality" releases. Learn to fucking spell correctly. These are words that you use everyday in your business not some doctor jargin. Its high quality you jackass, you know, the exact opposite of what your label is.

Also, he said he was overwhelmed with running two labels and trying to get everything together. Why the fuck is he running two labels if he cant handle it? Why take on a second one when the first one isnt getting its shit done? Also, didnt he say that the foreward was all done a while ago? Then like two weeks later he starts talking about how its almost finished?

I have never ordered from this label before, and rest assured I will NEVER order from them.

just trying to make sense of this. They miss the release date and push it back 3 months. To appease the buyers they offer them a discount on another purchase? Why not cut the price on the actual purchase they made? Now they got people to spend even more money.

Also, I cant respect a record label owner who puts out "hi-quality" releases. Learn to fucking spell correctly. These are words that you use everyday in your business not some doctor jargin. Its high quality you jackass, you know, the exact opposite of what your label is.

Also, he said he was overwhelmed with running two labels and trying to get everything together. Why the fuck is he running two labels if he cant handle it? Why take on a second one when the first one isnt getting its shit done? Also, didnt he say that the foreward was all done a while ago? Then like two weeks later he starts talking about how its almost finished?

I have never ordered from this label before, and rest assured I will NEVER order from them.

That's one awesome post. I also have never ordered from MTS and don't plan to in the future.