New eBay seller rules (some good, some bullshit)

25 EXTRA characters in your title to draw more buyers to your listings!

In early September, you'll have nearly 50% more space in your listing titles--25 additional characters--to include more keywords and descriptors to get your listings in front of more interested buyers.

New protection for your performance rating

We know you want to do the right thing for your customers--that's why eBay always encourages buyers to contact the seller before filing a Buyer Protection case. Starting in August, if the buyer doesn't contact you before opening a Buyer Protection case and you act quickly to resolve it, the case won't be included in your performance rating.

Keeping buyers on eBay

Buyers should be able to find everything they need to complete a purchase right in the listing--and if necessary, contact the seller right from eBay. Starting in October, sellers will not be able to submit a new listing or re-listing if the description includes an email address or link that doesn't help buyers transact safely and efficiently on eBay.

Meaningful return policy

Today's online buyers expect to have a reasonable timeframe for returns, and the option of getting money back. Starting in August you can specify "Money back or exchange" as a refund option. Early next year, the 3- and 7-day return options will no longer be available and a cash refund option will be required for all returns. As always, sellers may specify an "all sales final" policy. Give yourself a competitive edge for the holidays--start offering longer timeframes and cash-back options now.

Category and Item Specific updates

As always, changes to categories and item specifics are included with the rest of seller updates. Look for updates in Coins, Computers & Networking, eBay Motors Parts & Accessories, Consumer Electronics, Tickets, Collectibles, and eBay Motors Vehicles. Find out if your listings are affected.

Converge gets thrown on a lot of non-Converge stuff too.

Everything I put up if it's even loosely related I do this. Maybe someone looking for a converge record sees me selling a btbam record and is like damn... I want that too!

I will admit, as a consumer, that the strategy totally works.