DEFTONES-SNW & S/T HOT TOPIC exclusives

Ok well these arent coming for a few months but tons of people have been asking me about them so here it is.

Both are going to be completely exclusive to HT. There wont be a common pressing, just the colored versions that HT will have.

Deftones "Deftones" - 10/4/11

"black/translucent mix marble vinyl"

limited to 2000

Deftones "Saturday Night Wrist" - 11/8/11

"mint/translucent green vinyl"

limited to 2000

Both will be available in HT stores and I'll make sure HT.com has a ton of these as well for anyone who cant make it to a store. I did not pick these colors and I really dont know what they will end up look like exactly. Also not sure what the price will be yet. Were still a little ways out but once I get more info on details I'll pos them here.

Any other questions...ask them in this thread.

Thanks!

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

translucent mix marble? blue and red?

Based on the description, I'm picturing a translucent black / solid black marble. Which sounds pretty bad-ass. I could be entirely wrong, but I'm under the impression that there won't be any color in the S/T press.

Both variants sound absolutely awesome, though, and I couldn't be more stoked.

Any word on whether or not we're looking at double LPs?

hopefully double. but based on the last 2 being single, i doubt hot topic would do doubles. yeah, black marble would be cool too. AHHH!!! I dont give a shit. I cant wait! I'm beyond stoked. I finally bought the red white pony on ebay the other day. after SNW and S/T my collection will be complete. YES!

I've never been into the Deftones, never gave them a chance actually. Seeing everyone go ape shit makes me curious.

It would almost mean spending more money,though...

Best album/songs?

Glancing at your vinyl list, I suspect that you could get into Deftones if you really gave them a chance.

As a starting point, I've got to recommend Diamond Eyes. I feel like it compliments a lot of the band's strong points. Very approachable for first-time listeners, and definitely gets better and better with each listen.

If you can dig DE, I'd probably suggest moving on to Diamond Eyes. It's an album that everyone - regardless of how they feel about Deftones - should listen to at least once, I think. Just classic.

At that point, if you're still into the band's sound, you can go in a few directions... the safest probably being their Self Titled release. Saturday Night Wrist caters to more of their atmospheric and softer vibe... though it seems to have a pretty poor reputation among Deftones fans. Around The Fur is much riffier and aggressive, and is sprinkled with that "nü-metal" vibe. Not sure if that would be a deterrent for you or not.

Just my opinion and advice. I'm sure it varies from everyone else.

I say start with white pony. i found white pony on a burned CD in someones CD case they left on the ground. i put it in just to see if it was good. i listened all the way through, my first time ever hearing any deftones. it was amazing. i think white pony is a great starter. then diamond eyes. S/T. Saturday Night Wrist. and once youre more into them go for adrenaline or around the fur. Both awesome, but I think they are a bit too raw for a first timer.

Adrenaline - 7 Words, Root, Birthmark

Around the Fur - Head Up, Be Quiet and Drive, Around the Fur

White Pony - Digital Bath, Knife Prty, Teenager

S/T - When Girls Telephone Boys, Needles and Pins, Bloody Cape

Saturday Night Wrist - Beware, Rats! Rats! Rats!, Combat

Diamond Eyes - Royal, You've Seen the Butcher, Prince

I've left out about a million other songs I would recommend, but go start there, make a mix CD with those and you will be on your way.

And then find the nearest venue they are playing as soon as you can and go see them because you can't fully enjoy Deftones unless you see them live.

Fuck my life!!!!!! I'm going to cum, cry, puke, and faint all at once right now! Haha!

FUCK YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe how happy I am. Best fucking news I could have ever gotten this whole year! Will be buying the living shit out of these.]

Thank you, travis! You probably are the most integral reason for why this was pushed and I can't express enough gratitude to you for playing your part in it.

And interestingly enough, a few days ago was the first time I put my copy of S/T on my table since I fucked it up in April. Synchronicity?

"black/translucent mix marble vinyl"

I just want to say, for the record, that I have no idea what the hell this color description is supposed to mean but I'm damn intrigued to see it. Would be sexy if it were solid black with a mix of clear red and clear blue all mangled and bursting out from the center. Can't wait to see it.