Alien Ant Farm on Vinyl (Discussion)

this band and smash mouth are in the same boat.

I could say the same thing about jimmy eat world. (gasp!) As far as I can remember, they had one huge single (which annoyed me to no end) and maybe a couple other than that. I don't remember any of those other songs, and I never checked out anything else by the band. Other people seem to love this band (10+ years later). Call it my own ignorance but just as some see AAF as one-hit-wonders, same for me on Jimmy eat world. NEVER HAD AN INTEREST because I hated the single. Same concept, different taste, regardless of the fact that they still put out new music.

I could say the same thing about jimmy eat world. (gasp!) As far as I can remember, they had one huge single (which annoyed me to no end) and maybe a couple other than that. I don't remember any of those other songs, and I never checked out anything else by the band. Other people seem to love this band (10+ years later). Call it my own ignorance but just as some see AAF as one-hit-wonders, same for me on Jimmy eat world. NEVER HAD AN INTEREST because I hated the single. Same concept, different taste, regardless of the fact that they still put out new music.

[image]

How dare you speek Ill of Jimmy Eat World!?!??!?!?!?!?

All jokes aside though...wasn't a fan of The Middle or Pain when they came out, but everything else from both of those albums was fucking amazing....

Maybe Jimmy Eat World just picks really shitty singles....

for the sake of you actually having a solid point, i really wish you had used a different band in your example. went too far into "shock value" and no one's gonna consider your point.

Lol. 311, Crazytown, Smash Mouth...what other awesome bands will come up in this thread?

Also, I'm in the same boat with madtired. I'd never heard Jimmy Eat World until that single (that I hated) so I never had any interest in listening to anything else by them. My friends fucking loved them after that song blew up, but I never bothered. I guess I should try again sometime.

for the sake of you actually having a solid point, i really wish you had used a different band in your example. went too far into "shock value" and no one's gonna consider your point.

I was shocked too the first time I saw "For Sale: JEW ...".

I was shocked too the first time I saw "For Sale: JEW ...".

haha. can't argue with that. though i've seen enough south park in my day to be numb to antisemitism... :)

and oh yeah... alien ant farm... and stuff

unfortunately for you, you were not introduced to this band before Bleed American.

Static Prevails and Clarity are were both magnificant albums, and i was lucky enough to be around to hear them before Bleed American ruined their awesomeness.

jimmy eat world has done nothing but go down hill since the release of Bleed American, and i agree, every single they (or their label) has chosen for them has been an awful example of who they are, or the rest of the albums content for that matter.

Offspring are another great example of doing shit like this.

they will write 2 or 3 really poppy songs JUST to make them singles and sell a record, when the rest of the record will be filled with decent punk rock material.

though i think much more highly of J.E.W. than i ever will of Offspring.

• 1 year later...

Suck it!

"So the announcement is, we are working on pre-orders as we speak, these wont be your typical items but rather a combination of experiences and unique items that we think you our fans, the members of "The Colony" would be into. We apologize for the delay we just want to make sure we roll this out the right way we are days away.....We will also be announcing the album title top of the week, make sure to follow the band on twitter at twitter.com/alienantfarm, you will hear it there first... Thank you everyone for your patience."

Suck it!

"So the announcement is, we are working on pre-orders as we speak, these wont be your typical items but rather a combination of experiences and unique items that we think you our fans, the members of "The Colony" would be into. We apologize for the delay we just want to make sure we roll this out the right way we are days away.....We will also be announcing the album title top of the week, make sure to follow the band on twitter at twitter.com/alienantfarm, you will hear it there first... Thank you everyone for your patience."

So, does this mean vinyl?

I always considered Alien Ant Farm to be one of the better nu-metal bands. I mean when I played the drums I could literally play some Linkin Park songs with one hand. Alien Ant Farm songs were actually pretty challenging to a new to moderate drummer.

i've never considered AAF nu metal.

they had some really solid prog punk stuff on ANThology.

really sick bass lines, really great pop hooks, also lots of sincerity behind their sillyness.

lots of sad stuff and break up songs.

it's a really cool album, honestly.

didn't really like anything that came after it, but i never gave those much of a chance, either.

i bought truant when it was new. it came with a dvd and stuff. i can remember something about their singer being in a wheelchair for a while.

i'm pretty sure i spun the album enough to know i didn't like it as much, but i honestly can't remember any of the music from it at all.

i bought truant when it was new. it came with a dvd and stuff. i can remember something about their singer being in a wheelchair for a while.

i'm pretty sure i spun the album enough to know i didn't like it as much, but i honestly can't remember any of the music from it at all.

They got in a gnarly accident while on tour, I remember reading that officers were surprised none of them died.