Alien Ant Farm on Vinyl (Discussion)

Bawitdaba da bang a dang diggy diggy diggy said the boogy said up jump the boogy

Bawitdaba da bang a dang diggy diggy diggy said the boogy said up jump the boogy

My name is KIIIIIIIIIIIID...Kid Rock

I admit that I was singing this in my car when I was 18 and I thought it was cool. But I also admit that I knew very little about the world when I was 18.

Bought this album on vinyl solely for the nostalgia factor, and it was worth every penny!

it's funny how discussions like this ask for opinions then people who agree with the original post call people who don't agree ignorant and adding to the stupidity of the board, effectively doing the thing that they say is ruining every thread and this board. people just need to relax sometimes.

it's funny how discussions like this ask for opinions then people who agree with the original post call people who don't agree ignorant and adding to the stupidity of the board, effectively doing the thing that they say is ruining every thread and this board. people just need to relax sometimes.

welcome to the internet...

No one really remembers the fact that they gained notoriety with "Movies" well before "Smooth Criminal." The cover just shot them into the stratosphere.

I don't mind these guys, they've put out good music with each release, they just got chewed up and spit out by the biz. TRUant was good, so was In the Attic. Can't say I'd drop cash for vinyl releases, but they're way more enjoyable than most of the garbage being tossed around in this thread.

No one really remembers the fact that they gained notoriety with "Movies" well before "Smooth Criminal." The cover just shot them into the stratosphere.

Considering "Movies" wasn't released as a single until well after "Smooth Criminal" hit, I think it's safe to say you are incorrect.

read the thread and re-check it yourself.. movies was released first, then smooth criminal exploded, then they re-released movies with a 2nd video.

311 did the same thing with all mixed up.. that was the first single off the blue album (2nd was don't stay home), but down just took off like crazy, then they re-released all mixed up and it was a hit the 2nd time around..

Considering "Movies" wasn't released as a single until well after "Smooth Criminal" hit, I think it's safe to say you are incorrect.

you need to look at the post i made comparing the two music videos on page 3.

the first video was released about 6 months before smooth criminal.

being as both songs are on "Greatest Hits" before they were ever singles is obvious too. suck it up. Smooth Criminal was called Slick Thief on the first album. their demos would be closer to "singles" if you want to start there. Movies came first, then Smooth Criminal, then Movies got a new video and was the "new" single since there was new interest. it's the major label model, every band has a cover song to get them noticed then all other possible singles are beat to death until no one cares about the band anymore. nothing new.

being as both songs are on "Greatest Hits" before they were ever singles is obvious too. suck it up. Smooth Criminal was called Slick Thief on the first album. their demos would be closer to "singles" if you want to start there. Movies came first, then Smooth Criminal, then Movies got a new video and was the "new" single since there was new interest. it's the major label model, every band has a cover song to get them noticed then all other possible singles are beat to death until no one cares about the band anymore. nothing new.

unless you're smash mouth, then it's like 5 covers and 1 original.