else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

hahaha anyone who thinks blind melon is a one hit wonder needs to:

a) do their homework

B) stfu

But, but, they only had that one song with the girl dressed as the bee!

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':ydhlxp9e]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':ydhlxp9e]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

hahaha anyone who thinks blind melon is a one hit wonder needs to:

a) do their homework

B) stfu

my old hippie roommate loves blind melon. i mean loves. He just saw them play - bought vip tickets and hung with them back stage. He recorded a most of their set with his iphone, but was disappointed when it also recoded him singing along to every song. they apparently have several songs.

chuck ragan just recorded some material with the guitarist. I am no blind melon fan, but i don't argue with chuck ragan so i will give it my full attention.

bye the bye, if i look down on both AAF and blink 182 where do i fit in this conversation?

I was flipping through records yesterday and came across this. I asked the girl, "Why did they bother pressing this?" She seemed amused. Falls in there with this conversation:

[image]

Actually, this is a horrible example. Kid Rock is still huge. That record sold over a million copies. You know nothing.

I guess I wouldn't have been so keen to retort except you had to add a jackass remark at the end. Following your line of logic, an album deserves to be pressed on wax if it has sold a lot of copies (let's use your million figure). So, by that measure, Nsync, Creed, Shania Twain and a lot of other flash in the pan artists ought to be given vinyl treatment for their high record sales. Let's get on it, Travis!

As Travis astutely observed, Kid Rock's many record sales are probably due to CD and digital sales. People who listen to Kid Rock are not going to buy the vinyl. The same with AAF. This is why I used this as a comparison, and a good comparison it is.

But just to clarify and I mean this as elitist as possible: Kid Rock is bullshit music. It's terrible. Awful. That's why they shouldn't waste the time to do this. But at the end of the day, the majors don't care about purity, they care about money. And if the money spent to make these radical Kid Rock records doesn't return them 15-30%, it is a failure.

Maybe it would sell, I just know its not something I could sell at HT.

AAF no, candy cane fishnet thigh highs, yes!

AAF seems like hot topic material, no? It's something that would have been sold there 10 years ago i would think. Invader Zim paraphernalia is still going strong and has an alien formicid thing going on.

bye the bye, if i look down on both AAF and blink 182 where do i fit in this conversation?

AAF is no worse than half the bands people on this board piss their pants about. FFS, no one has ever even heard of half of them at all -- at least you know ONE song by alien ant farm, regardless of it being a cover. So because they had one hit and the bands you like are super obscure, they should get ripped? If anyone should "get" that a one-hit wonder isn't necessarily a shitty band, it should be music nerds who hate bands that have any success at all.

I've had truANT and ANThology on my ipod forever -- I hardly listen to them since the albums came out but when they pop up on shuffle mode I don't skip them. I used to listen to them quite a bit. I wouldn't buy either on vinyl though.

Bawitdaba da bang a dang diggy diggy diggy said the boogy said up jump the boogy

Bawitdaba da bang a dang diggy diggy diggy said the boogy said up jump the boogy

My name is KIIIIIIIIIIIID...Kid Rock

Blind Melon? Geez, and someone called AAF a one-hit wonder...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NISeJCeKUgs&hl=en&fs=1

i remember ALL this shit being on the radio.

jus' sayin'

also, i remember AAFs "movies" before smooth criminal hit it big.

then they remade the video and re-released the single.

weird.

Can't say I've heard any of those songs, but I was born in the 90's. I'll believe you when you say that they have other popular songs, but "No Rain" is and always will be THE Blind Melon song. There's just no changing it.

Can't say I like any of those songs either. 90's music ain't my thing.

My name is KIIIIIIIIIIIID...Kid Rock

I admit that I was singing this in my car when I was 18 and I thought it was cool. But I also admit that I knew very little about the world when I was 18.