Norway

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, this is now the worst massacre performed by one single person in newer history. Needless to say, we're a nation in shock right now. When I went to bed last night the combined death toll was 17. When I woke up today, it was 91. (I believe it is now at 92) That actually made me physically sick to my stomach. And most of these were kids that actually gave a shit about our society...

And Norway is one of the safest places you can imagine. Police are in most cases not armed, as they are only allowed to use guns in the most extreme situations. Our political leaders walk the streets like regular people. We're a free and transparent society, so that makes it even more unreal that something like this actually happened here. God damnit.

I don't think that the police will start carrying more firearms (and I certainly don't hope so), because this incident is one that would've been difficult to prevent anyway (One guy plotting this in his own home, seemingly without involving anyone else). And more importantly, this attack is not a sign of a heightened threat level to our country; it's the result of one man's lunacy. Right-wing extremism is on the decline, it was actually far worse in the 80s and 90s. Extremists like these are also not well organized/unified, so as a group, they really do not pose a big threat to us.

Our prime minister has made it clear that as a nation we will respond to this attack with even more openness in our political landscape, and that this will not silence us. Though I think that the access we as citizens has had to our politicial leaders may very well from now on be more limited, as I would think that security around them (and the buildings which contain their offices) will increase.

Since they have this guy and there's no disputing he did this what are the possible repercussions for him? I mean something like that happens like the Oklahoma City Bombing and we ended up executing him..I'm not really sure how the judicial system is in Norway just kind of interested to see what the possible outcomes could be?

Also are they talking about this other shooter at all over there? Its just kind of a side note in most of the stories I've read.

Since they have this guy and there's no disputing he did this what are the possible repercussions for him? I mean something like that happens like the Oklahoma City Bombing and we ended up executing him..I'm not really sure how the judicial system is in Norway just kind of interested to see what the possible outcomes could be?

Also are they talking about this other shooter at all over there? Its just kind of a side note in most of the stories I've read.

he is being charged under the norway terror law, which, at maximum, is 21 years in prison. it's super fucked. i hope they will be able to charge him on separate counts per victim. norway also does not have the death penalty.

When they found out he was white, they realized it was extremism and not terrorism.

Really fucked up and sad. Violence = violence no matter what anyone calls it. This would terrorize anybody and therefore qualifies as terrorism. Really sad the media has certain labels for certain acts by certain people.

Thoughts go out to anyone affected in Norway.

he is being charged under the norway terror law, which, at maximum, is 21 years in prison. it's super fucked. i hope they will be able to charge him on separate counts per victim. norway also does not have the death penalty.

I didn't think they had a death penalty law, but realistically 21 years is not long enough for him. He's still young which means he'd get out and still be able to live. I like the idea of charging him for each murder.

I didn't think they had a death penalty law, but realistically 21 years is not long enough for him. He's still young which means he'd get out and still be able to live. I like the idea of charging him for each murder.

I think all the counts would have to be served consecutively. If thats the case 21 + 93 = Life in prison.