does anyone here like dubstep?

There's some great dubtep out there. If anybody is genuinely interested, I'd recommend artists off Hyperdub label.

But, with that said, there are a lot of shitty dubstep out there. Especially the ones that get posted on youtube. These people seem to think that adding annoying amount of bass to an already good song constitutes making a "dubstep remix".

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

document.write('+':i5c9iehi]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':i5c9iehi]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

dubstep is the offspring of drum&bass.. after 15 yrs of exhausting the genre, producers took it down by 50% and this is the result.

If you ever went to a rave back in the day or a larger-size club that had more than one DJ at a time, there was usually a house/techno/trance room and a drum&bass room entirely separate. both electronic, but hardly the same.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

{

document.write('+':1uknh2im]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':1uknh2im]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

Much like every genre you have a handful of artists doing meaningful work and pushing the music forward and then you have ten times as many riding a trend and putting out water downed versions of it.

DING DING DING

Judging dubstep by going on Youtube and searching "dubstep remix" is like judging techno 10 years ago by going on Kazaa and searching "techno remix". Cheap production software makes it all too easy for any Joe Schmo to make their own "transformers fucking"-type dubstep, but there is good music in the genre, and a lot that actually incorporates the "dub" in the name. It's not for everyone, but to dismiss it as a simplistic dance genre to getting fucked up to is ignorant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba2rcen_VZk&hl=en&fs=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_N4VF4aZiw&hl=en&fs=1

It's a bummer to see many people in this thread dismissing it after hearing some asshole ravers talk about it and listening to a Nirvana dubstep remix (LOL), but then VC has always been pretty hostile to electronic music and other non-orgcore/pop punk genres.

Dubstep is complete shit. What else could you possibly expect from these electronic beeps and boops called music made by people with no actual talent other than learning to use Logic or Ableton etc.?

Country music was killed by Alabama (the shitty band, not the state). The worst part about living in Nashville is the popular music and the people who want to be associated with it (and the christians). Just because you or one of your other two or three guitarists play a tele or a resonator and you wear some faggy outfit and talk like a fucking retard and pretend you're a cowboy doesn't make you play country music. You don't have problems. You live in Franklin.

On a positive note, I blasted the shit out of some lady's Taylor Swift with Arson Anthem yesterday. She was one angry bitch.

Do a real hallucinogen like mescaline for fuck's sake.

It's a bummer to see many people in this thread dismissing it after hearing some asshole ravers talk about it and listening to a Nirvana dubstep remix (LOL), but then VC has always been pretty hostile to electronic music and other non-orgcore/pop punk genres.
Dubstep is complete shit. What else could you possibly expect from these electronic beeps and boops called music made by people with no actual talent other than learning to use Logic or Ableton etc.?

This is what I'm talking about. Composition and production are actual talents. Are you really going to tell me Kraftwerk, Daft Punk, The Avalanches, Four Tet, J Dilla, Dan Deacon, Boards of Canada, DJ Shadow, Jason Forrest, etc. etc. etc... all have no talent because they can't play their songs on "real instruments"? Man, that mindset just drives me INSANE.

Much like every genre you have a handful of artists doing meaningful work and pushing the music forward and then you have ten times as many riding a trend and putting out water downed versions of it.

DING DING DING

Judging dubstep by going on Youtube and searching "dubstep remix" is like judging techno 10 years ago by going on Kazaa and searching "techno remix". Cheap production software makes it all too easy for any Joe Schmo to make their own "transformers fucking"-type dubstep, but there is good music in the genre, and a lot that actually incorporates the "dub" in the name. It's not for everyone, but to dismiss it as a simplistic dance genre to getting fucked up to is ignorant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba2rcen_VZk&hl=en&fs=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_N4VF4aZiw&hl=en&fs=1

i gave all of those a shot and they just sounded the same to me.

then i played all of them all at once, and it still sounded the same.