eBay bologna

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

holy shit guys, people on here are fucking pretentious...

First off, the numbers thing, PROPER math would say that if you have a set, and you want to specify one item in that set, you could say number 16 of 300, or 16/300. What do you say when you have number 1 of 300? 1/300!! Unfortunately many people have decided that 1/300 means 1 OUT OF 300, not number 1 of 300, which doesn't make any sense, you just eliminated your ability to specify WHICH number it is. In my tradelists you'll see that anytime there was a limited, UNNUMBERED pressing I put x/300. It is one of a pressing of 300, which one is unknown (x) as they are not numbered.

Secondly, if buddy wanted number 1, and was willing to pay more for number 1, and did pay more for number 1, and then it WASN'T number 1, then he should open a claim for a partial refund. The seller WAS misleading, one posting says #267/300 and the other says #1/300? That says one is numbered 267, the other is numbered 1. You have to use a consistent naming convention, if the seller put #1/300 to be read as 1 out of 300, then the other listing should have also been #1/300, it's only logical.

The fact that the seller did not use a consistent method of indicating what number the record was means that the seller was intentionally trying to inflate the price of #1/300. Seller is a douche, file a claim.

On the flip side, if the number matters to you, PICS OR YOUR BID DOESN'T HAPPEN. Learn and move on.

holy shit guys, people on here are fucking pretentious...

First off, the numbers thing, PROPER math would say that if you have a set, and you want to specify one item in that set, you could say number 16 of 300, or 16/300. What do you say when you have number 1 of 300? 1/300!! Unfortunately many people have decided that 1/300 means 1 OUT OF 300, not number 1 of 300, which doesn't make any sense, you just eliminated your ability to specify WHICH number it is. In my tradelists you'll see that anytime there was a limited, UNNUMBERED pressing I put x/300. It is one of a pressing of 300, which one is unknown (x) as they are not numbered.

Secondly, if buddy wanted number 1, and was willing to pay more for number 1, and did pay more for number 1, and then it WASN'T number 1, then he should open a claim for a partial refund. The seller WAS misleading, one posting says #267/300 and the other says #1/300? That says one is numbered 267, the other is numbered 1. You have to use a consistent naming convention, if the seller put #1/300 to be read as 1 out of 300, then the other listing should have also been #1/300, it's only logical.

The fact that the seller did not use a consistent method of indicating what number the record was means that the seller was intentionally trying to inflate the price of #1/300. Seller is a douche, file a claim.

On the flip side, if the number matters to you, PICS OR YOUR BID DOESN'T HAPPEN. Learn and move on.