Albums That Should Not Have Been Pressed On Vinyl

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And how does any of that make them unnecessary?

because he doesn't want them...?

either that, or he's not a fan of supply and demand

Thread is destined to have lots of arguing, bitching and moaning. Should make for some decent lolz.

how is that different than any other thread?

True, true. Most of the moaning and groaning happens in threads about bands I don't listen to though so I don't always see the poopy diaper threads.

And how does any of that make them unnecessary?

because he doesn't want them...?

either that, or he's not a fan of supply and demand

Thread is destined to have lots of arguing, bitching and moaning. Should make for some decent lolz.

how is that different than any other thread?

True, true. Most of the moaning and groaning happens in threads about bands I don't listen to though so I don't always see the poopy diaper threads.

Yeah, it's not like anyone wanted any of those releases.

She's absolutely right though, except with Mightier Than Sword, I don't personally like the re-issues they do, but they do put out releases that there is at least a demand for. Stuff like the Enjoy The Ride crap, and Tooth and Nail represses etc, are just totally unnecessary. Within this message board, there is an odd group of people that buy really bad music, 99% of which are represses.

A small label can exist solely from sales to people on VC. I'd be willing to bet around 70% of Enjoy The Rides records are sold via VC. Pretty much anything that is dated poppy, generic punk sells like crack within this message board and nowhere else. Most of these re-issue labels don't even have distribution, because 1. they can sell a full 500 pressing by catering to the majority of bad taste's on this board. 2. They probably can't get a distro contract since they own no masters, and 3. The records are not anything that would have mass appeal.

Press it on a couple different colors, and people on here collect em all! Put em in a three pack, charge extra for vanity crap, and a label can recoup on here pretty damn quick, not to mention people are always defending high priced records. I'm sure FAT even makes a very decent chunk of change from this board alone.

So, excuse me if I'm incorrect, but does this accurately represent your attitude?

[image]

Yeah, it's not like anyone wanted any of those releases.

She's absolutely right though, except with Mightier Than Sword, I don't personally like the re-issues they do, but they do put out releases that there is at least a demand for. Stuff like the Enjoy The Ride crap, and Tooth and Nail represses etc, are just totally unnecessary. Within this message board, there is an odd group of people that buy really bad music, 99% of which are represses.

A small label can exist solely from sales to people on VC. I'd be willing to bet around 70% of Enjoy The Rides records are sold via VC. Pretty much anything that is dated poppy, generic punk sells like crack within this message board and nowhere else. Most of these re-issue labels don't even have distribution, because 1. they can sell a full 500 pressing by catering to the majority of bad taste's on this board. 2. They probably can't get a distro contract since they own no masters, and 3. The records are not anything that would have mass appeal.

Press it on a couple different colors, and people on here collect em all! Put em in a three pack, charge extra for vanity crap, and a label can recoup on here pretty damn quick, not to mention people are always defending high priced records. I'm sure FAT even makes a very decent chunk of change from this board alone.

So, excuse me if I'm incorrect, but does this accurately represent your attitude?

[image]

Please explain to me how a Moral Crux record is anymore necessary than a RX Bandits record.

"The vinyl itself acts as 3D glasses, one of each color acts as each lens, look through both colors and it pops out in 3D"

need he say more?

btw... I'm trying to imagine looking at the cover of an album while looking through (and presumably holding) two records. records with grooves, mind you... for some reason I have the "pale man" from pan's labyrinth in my head... the pale man on drugs... lots of drugs

Please explain to me how a Moral Crux record is anymore necessary than a RX Bandits record.

"The vinyl itself acts as 3D glasses, one of each color acts as each lens, look through both colors and it pops out in 3D"

need he say more?

btw... I'm trying to imagine looking at the cover of an album while looking through (and presumably holding) two records. records with grooves, mind you... for some reason I have the "pale man" from pan's labyrinth in my head... the pale man on drugs... lots of drugs