Kyuss reissues

Hell motha-fuckin'-yeah!

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have any details on these besides the fact that they are being made? I can't find anything, wondering if I should just buy them from Popmarket cheap now while I have the chance.

what details are you requesting? these are vinyl reissues of some classic albums. they are for sale. buy them.

Does anyone have any details on these besides the fact that they are being made? I can't find anything, wondering if I should just buy them from Popmarket cheap now while I have the chance.

PopMarket is usually quick to point out if the vinyl deal is 180 gram.  For this Kyuss deal, there is no mention of 180 gram so I assume its not. 

Grabbed this post haste. As stated above, if they're bad, I'll sell 'em off. This price works out to $16.25 per album, one of which is a 2XLP. You can't beat that. I hope they're not 180 gram at all. I hope they're thin but most of all I hope they got someone to do a really nice mastering job on them. If they're the same plates from the recent German press, so be it. Its still an amazing price for a killer discography and my German WTSV and ...ATCLT sound really good. This is a great deal and interesting that it was popmarket'd on the official day of release.

what details are you requesting? these are vinyl reissues of some classic albums. they are for sale. buy them.

Are they re-mastered? Are they the exact same in a new package as the German re-issues from a few years back (which I already own)? Do they come with anything new that makes them worthwhile? Unfortunately PopMarket shipping to Canada is close to $50, so that deal isn't worth it. Might as well wait for people to get them and hear some reviews before spending money unnecessarily.

I don't think there is any real info about these other than they're a domestic press. Labels like Epic don't seem to care to divulge info like that and this is just another example. The most we have about this is in the write up on popmarket for this deal which is apparently over by now.

My Blues for the Red Sun is pretty noisy with about 10 "pops".  It looks clean, is pretty flat, and sounds good in spots where there isn't noise, but overall I am a bit disappointed.  I cleaned it with a VPI record cleaning machine before playing and again with Mofi deep clean solution, but no improvement. 

I am going to wait to buy the rest to see if mine was an outlier or if they are all noisey. 

There are quite a few audible pops on my German Sky Valley pressing but nothing that's horribly detrimental to the listening experience. The album sounds great otherwise anyway so it doesn't really bother me when I do hear it. I'm anxious to hear these pressings now. Thanks for letting us know about that.

My Blues for the Red Sun is pretty noisy with about 10 "pops".  It looks clean, is pretty flat, and sounds good in spots where there isn't noise, but overall I am a bit disappointed.  I cleaned it with a VPI record cleaning machine before playing and again with Mofi deep clean solution, but no improvement. 

I am going to wait to buy the rest to see if mine was an outlier or if they are all noisey. 

My Sky Valley doesn't sound great, it's quiet and there's a bit of surface noise, but no pops or anything really noticeable that would make me qualify it as bad either. Average IMO. 

Also worth noting...  No loudness, compression, or brickwalling issues with Blues for the Red Son. You have to turn the volume up really high for moderate listening levels.  This is great for dynamic range and sound quality, but makes surface noise louder and more obvious compared to the music (lower signal to noise).  The noise is much more noticable, especially during quiet passages (e.g. sections of Thong Song). 

I will proabably buy Sky Valley too. Hard to pass up for $18.00