New Found Glory-Nothing Gold Can Stay LP HT EXCL.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being in South FL and having seen NFG when they were starting out and essentially a side-band for (at the time) Shai Hulud vocalist Chad Gilbert, I'm glad to see the full band name with the "A" on the record.

I tried to keep this as close to the original as possible. I also did stars on the spine just as the jewel case window had on the drive thru version.

The jacket is on reverse board with the sleeve glossy as I tried to maintain that "picture frame" feel with a rough frame and a glossy photo. The opposite side of the sleeve has the cherubs from under the jewel case tray which fits in the die cut as well (if you stick the sleeve in backwards it won't look ridiculous).

Kept the labels B/W rather that try to match the PMS color on the CD disc face because I didn't want it to contrast with the vinyl color, which is inexact.

In regards to the /500 that are going to stores...why not set aside a chunk of those (100 maybe?) and sell them online to people who don't have an independent record store near them or outside the U.S.? If you don't want to do a webstore like big cartel, maybe get one of the other labels/guys around here that do have one so "distro" it for you.

Just a thought.

In regards to the /500 that are going to stores...why not set aside a chunk of those (100 maybe?) and sell them online to people who don't have an independent record store near them or outside the U.S.? If you don't want to do a webstore like big cartel, maybe get one of the other labels/guys around here that do have one so "distro" it for you.

Just a thought.

I really like that idea!

Being in South FL and having seen NFG when they were starting out and essentially a side-band for (at the time) Shai Hulud vocalist Chad Gilbert, I'm glad to see the full band name with the "A" on the record.

This. I always wished the first press had the 'a'

i never noticed that the DTR press didn't have the "A" on there... but the "A" is still on the cover for from the screen... (though it's still just "New Found Glory" on the spine)

so the /500 is definitely happening? it just won't be out at the same time as the ones going to hot topic?

Yes indeed.

The brick and mortar support on this is very important to me, but I have already had several requests from members of this board to carry it in their online shops. I will set some aside for them as well for those who are not near a local shop. This will take me a little time, but I'm working on it.

Thanks for the patience on this one. To confirm, these white/gold versions are stacked in my apartment and the only retailer "ready to ship" in the coming days is Hot Topic.

Hey all.

Like I said before, I'm not great on the boards, but I finally got around to some simple social media links where I'll be a bit more active. Info in my signature.

I'll post updates on the indie retail coverage of white/gold versions, and anything else I may do down the line. I'll still check messages here from time to time.

Thanks again for the kind words on this. Have a good one.

link to the tumblr you found it on? or did you find it in a feed? and it's not so weird B9 would be doing something NFG as they pressed their last album and a few 7"s. if this is real they shold change the logo to the one NFG was using during the time the album came out, or at least anyting other than their current one.