VC Secret Santa 4.0 (updated 10/18)

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLY. SANTA CLAUS. SHIT.

[image]

Dear iwantmynametobespaghetti: You are an incredible person who put a lot of thought into this amazing gift. My fiancee and I were so stoked to open this up. Next time I'm in Philadelphia on tour you are more than welcome to come hang out and see a bitchin show and I'll buy you dinner or something.

I mentioned that I was getting married so he did the "Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue".

Old: Mastodon - Live At The Aragon 2xLP

New: Baked! A cook book for baking. The fiancee and I returned home from a cupcake tasting for our wedding to find this. She's a little baker and this will get put to great use. Our beloved Kitchenaid mixer will be going into overtime.

Borrowed: A mix CD of cover songs!

Blue: Fall Out Boy - Dead On Arrival 7" (you should know that I have a FOB tattoo. I was very excited)

plus all kinds of other odds and ends! I used to live on the east coast where TastyKake was abundant. Here on the West Coast it's nowhere to be found. A fucking 8-bit, light up wreath. This is going up in my living room. And another book that I haven't checked out yet. Dude. Seriously. Thank you. And Merry Christmas or Happy Hannukah or Happy Festivus to you.

Dude, no worries at all. Don't get too excited yet there's actually another thing I had to send seperately because of packing issues. For some reason it's in CA but should be there tomorrow.

Also, I didn't know if you read or not but that book is in my top 3 of all time.

i'm pretty sure that was way more than $15-$25 ahahaha. that rules! and tastykakes <33333.

Actually you'd be surprised how little I ended up spending. Shipping was the most expensive thing.

Not to mention I wanted to do something a little special because of his upcoming wedding.

I was asked to put some stuff in here about me. It's kind of hard, I don't really know what I want.

- I have three boys (5 yrs old, 3 yrs old and a week old).

- We like comic bookish stuff. Batman, X-Men, etc.

- Starting to get some comic based Blu-Ray movies the only we have so far is Batman: Dark Knight.

- I run robbed.the.bank RECORDS.

- i like random stuff.

- I love food. I have really gotten into using my smoker lately. We smoked so pork and it was AWESOME.

hope this helps.

is it wrong that the only Fugazi record i don't own is The Argument? i think you got my gift haha. ;)

i've got a mix done, thinking about doing another. i'm shopping in my own collection yet again. i can never stick to what i buy at the store for some reason. i hope my SS will be excited by one of them at least. i really need to work on the FLAIR side of the gift. must do more.

i love seeing all the pictures of what people get. keep them coming.