VC Secret Santa 4.0 (updated 10/18)

i got mine before christmas, i just haven't been on here/posting since then! it ruled! a btmi! rekkid, 7", mix, and jericho season 3 (comic!)! i should've taken a photo, butttttt i'm dumb like that and now i'm at work!

i'm gonna guess that my SS is dynamitekid. AMIRITE?!

thanks so much! :] :]

You are right and you are welcome! I was hoping it would get there!

it did indeed! sorry i didn't post in the thread until now!

stoked to listen to the mix, but i haven't gotten a chance yet. it's been a busy week, haha.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sooo... gkersey had me, I had tellallyourfriends, and tellallyourfriends had gkersey.

Sorry if you hate all the music! The JT was a joke, but maybe there's some random tidbits of stuff you'll enjoy. The beer is pretty great - love it!

Haha.. Yeah, I assumed the JT was a joke. Didn't say that I hated the music, truth is I haven't even listened to the Half Hearted Hero (no cassette deck) or the mix cd yet. I'm definitely going to check out the mix cd sometime soon (unfortunately our primary ambulance is shopped and our old spare does not have a cd player in it).

Thanks a lot. I put that CD in my comp and saw there were a ton of songs on there. Is it an mp3 cd or a dvd (I'm not by it to check)?

It's just cd, but it's used as a data cd and not a music cd. iTunes will still read it as a data cd and that way you can store up to 700 mb (as opposed to the 80 minute limit a music cd has). It won't play in some cd players though.

So I got my SS a few weeks ago but didn't open til Christmas...

At first I was like...

[image]

"Awwwwright!!! Mary Poppins soundtrack LP!!! Score!!!"

Then I was like...

[image]

The Nerve Scheme 7", Living Eyes 'Starve For Agony' 7", Modern Life Is War 'My Love, My Way' LP and Mix CD...Double Score!!!

Thanks SS!!!! Awesome choices all around!!!

Now to figure out who you are...hmmmmmmm...

Ha actually just got mine, and my secret santa is Jasonskanks. Thanks so much dude!!! No worries about it being late I'm genuinely grateful that someone took the time to send me something. Pics to follow but I got:

Turnover - S/T 7"

Tigers Jaw - Spirit Desire 7"

I Call Fives / Rust Belt Lights split 7"

Robbed the bank records shirt / slipmat

Office Space, Hook and Baseketball DVDs

Thanks so much again dude!!! I actually can't wait to watch Hook I haven't seen it in yeeears BANGARANG!

I saw you had spirit desire on your want list so i was hoping that you didnt get that since then. did you guess me or did you have to use my cheat sheet?

also. i just got mine. my wife had it hidden and forgot to give it to me. she didnt want me to open it before christmas. i got batman begins blu ray and batman cartoon dvd. somee acme canned sex, drugs and rock n roll. there were some chocolates in there as well. i have no clue as to who my secret santa is. they are from ann arbor, mi. which led me to believe it was barret records but i dont know. so out yourself so i can thank you.

I saw you had spirit desire on your want list so i was hoping that you didnt get that since then. did you guess me or did you have to use my cheat sheet?

also. i just got mine. my wife had it hidden and forgot to give it to me. she didnt want me to open it before christmas. i got batman begins blu ray and batman cartoon dvd. somee acme canned sex, drugs and rock n roll. there were some chocolates in there as well. i have no clue as to who my secret santa is. they are from ann arbor, mi. which led me to believe it was barret records but i dont know. so out yourself so i can thank you.

I actually managed to guess because of the record label stuff.

Still nothing here either. Just hoping I do end up getting something.

cesar.. i had a feeling yours would send super late. good reason though. dude is super busy. I'll text him right now. i'll start emailing everyone who hasn't sent yet. i haven't sent either.. but i'm sure most of my close friends understand why.

Came back to work today to find a big ol' box from my VC Secret Santa! It contained:

[image]

I already own the Slash book, but it's a great read and I'll definitely pass it onto a friend who hasn't read it yet. The CM Punk figure is awesome, and I've actually never seen that Family Guy DVD either, so hooray for that!

I'm listening to the mix CD right now, and the second track (Shai Hulud's cover of "Linoleum") plus the package's postmark (southern Florida) made me pretty positive that Juan is my Secret Santa. But then I opened the inside of the Slash book and had my suspicions confirmed, as I found a jury summons from 2010 for one Mr. Juan Diniz. Lemme know if you need that paperwork back, Juan! :)

Still nothing here either. Just hoping I do end up getting something.

cesar.. i had a feeling yours would send super late. good reason though. dude is super busy. I'll text him right now. i'll start emailing everyone who hasn't sent yet. i haven't sent either.. but i'm sure most of my close friends understand why.

thanks for the heads up, Mike! I'll be sure to let you and everyone know when I receive something.