VC Secret Santa 4.0 (updated 10/18)

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got mine!

I knew who mine was before reading the clues! Thanks so much! Everything was wrapped beautifully and my girlfriend kind of unwrapped it so fast while I was opening some records. LOVED everything about this. The print is so awesome! IC shirt is great! Mix is in the car and set for my weekend road trip! but its so cool looking! Not a big chocolate or candy person because I sing so much but the girlfriend loved it! Thanks!

[image]

[image]

[image]

Waiting on a few things to send out to my person. they are gonna be stokkkkked.

I'm pretty late to this, but I was asked to post some info about myself for my Secret Santa.

Feel free to stalk me:

http://brianstowell.tumblr.com

http://www.twitter.com/brianstowell

http://www.facebook.com/brianstowell

My record list - http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=tw0ruwhFPRdMXiyhwmPj8YA&output=html

My Amazon Wish list - http://amzn.com/w/3BS88QKCWEJCF (have a good laugh)

I like instrumental music, metal, indie rock, singer-songwriters, and more (see my record list). I'm getting married in February. I just received over 13 pounds of Nutella as a birthday gift, so more Nutella won't be necessary for atleast 5-6 weeks. I enjoy watching a lot of TV shows and seeing a lot of movies with my fiancee. We have two cats. I love to cook and bake.

This is proving to be harder than I thought. I was asked to switch with someone late, and was fine with it at the time. With Ear x-Tacy closed we only a small selection at a couple places. I couldn't find anything local for him that matched up with the artists he was looking for. So when asked to switch I was ok. Now not only can I not find matches for my new guys artists, but everything I find online are copies that he already has in those particular colors. I hate buying clothes for someone I've never met cause you are likely not gonna find something they like. I'm half tempted to message my new person ask them if there are other artists he'd like, though I know that kills the spirit of the whole thing.

This is proving to be harder than I thought. I was asked to switch with someone late, and was fine with it at the time. With Ear x-Tacy closed we only a small selection at a couple places. I couldn't find anything local for him that matched up with the artists he was looking for. So when asked to switch I was ok. Now not only can I not find matches for my new guys artists, but everything I find online are copies that he already has in those particular colors. I hate buying clothes for someone I've never met cause you are likely not gonna find something they like. I'm half tempted to message my new person ask them if there are other artists he'd like, though I know that kills the spirit of the whole thing.

Message controlthe bleeding and have him ask the person if there is anything else they want

EDIT: Although that won't work now.

Man, seeing the pictures lost makes me feel like shit for having NO idea what to get my person and not making cool covers and shit. I'm so not artistic at all. The guy and I had absolutely no music in common whatsoever, and so it was difficult. Even my mix sucked. >.> Looking forward to getting my gift in though. Being patient. :D I'm prolly not gonna wait though... I never look at return addresses when I get stuff in so I always feel surprised when I open stuff!

Got my secret santa in and while they were right to say that we didn't have any music in common in their note, they nailed what they did get perfectly. I'm a fairly big fan of the Nightmare on Elm Street series but haven't seen the newer one yet, so I was stoked to get that. With DC re-inventing their entire line of comics, I was skeptical to jump in, but my dude got me numbers 1 and 2 for Batman and number 1 for Green Lantern. Stoked to read these when things slow down. Thanks secret santa! :)

i haven't sent anything yet. shit. i'm slacking hard. i need to re-evaluate the person i got and see what to get them. sorry. will have something in the mail hopefully by December 1st at the latest. i haven't had any problems with packages getting there in more than 2 weeks. here's hoping! sadly, it probably won't be as awesome as the one i sent IWantMyNameToBeSpaghetti last year. :-X