DEFTONES "The Vinyl Collection 1995-2011" box set

From the inbox:

[image]

This fall, Reprise Records will release a limited edition vinyl Box Set from hard-rock icons DEFTONES. Deftones: The Vinyl Collection, 1995 - 2011, will be available Oct. 25th, 2011, exclusively via www.deftones.com and www.becausesoundmatters.com.

The collection is a seven-album (8 LP) retrospective containing the band's six studio albums - 1995's Adrenaline, 1997's Around the Fur, 2000's White Pony, 2003's Deftones, 2006's Saturday Night Wrist, and 2010's Diamond Eyes, and the limited edition 2011 Record Store Day release Covers.

Each album has been exclusively re cut for vinyl from the original master recordings andpressed on 180-gram European virgin vinyl. The collection, which includes a unique lithograph and cover art, comes packaged in a hand numbered collector's box pressing of 1000 copies worldwide. Deftones: The Vinyl Collection, 1995 - 2011 is expected to sell out quickly. Please visit www.deftones.com for more information.

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Echoing what pretty much everyone in this thread has voiced; would absolutely love to own this thing... but I'm only missing the self-titled, which is slated for sale next week. There's no way I could justify the [likely inflated] price on this thing. More power to anyone who slept on the represses and has the cash to throw around, though.

I'm hoping for color. I'm assuming it's on black though since there has been no mention of it.

I believe Hot Topic is the only place that is getting color represses. Correct me if I'm wrong, Travis/anyone!

For SNW and S/T HT is getting colored vinyl and they wont be available anywhere else individually. No black vinyl anywhere else. Looks like the only other way to get those is to buy this box set. I dunno for sure but Id assume this box set will all be black 180 gram records.

"exclusively re cut for vinyl from the original master recordings"

^^ this is what i'm wanting to know more about.

travis, i had been meaning to ask you about the masterings on the HT copies and this seems to be a good enough time. do you know if they were cut from the master tape or if they were sourced digitally from the cd?