DEFTONES "The Vinyl Collection 1995-2011" box set

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RSD run wasn't 180g, was it?

No, it wasn't. I'm thinking about purchasing the box set, even though I already have all the other records besides SNW and S/T. Would it be worth more over time, if I were to sell it on ebay? I'm thinking of just listening to the represses I purchased individually since they're not sealed anymore, and hold on to the box set to sell it later on.

I'm pretty sure travis stressed that the HT represses will mimic the original presses in every way other than being colored vinyl. So I'm still hopeful that it will be 2XLP.

Still, I must stress that is is mortifying that the box set version will be 1XLP. It seems that with every Deftones vinyl release, no matter how cool it is, there is always one major disastrously poor choice made in the production.

I was so close to ordering it right now since money is not an issue for me at the moment, but I ended up closing the window since I already have them. I would rather buy my Polk TSi200 speakers and a receiver to start listening to my records already. I'll just buy SNW and S/T when they come out and i'll have my box collection without the box. lol By the way does the 180g weight really make a difference in the sound quality?

I was so close to ordering it right now since money is not an issue for me at the moment, but I ended up closing the window since I already have them. I would rather buy my Polk TSi200 speakers and a receiver to start listening to my records already. I'll just buy SNW and S/T when they come out and i'll have my box collection without the box. lol By the way does the 180g weight really make a difference in the sound quality?

No, the groove depth is the same as a standard gram record. People just prefer the durability and mass of a 180 gram record.

No, the groove depth is the same as a standard gram record. People just prefer the durability and mass of a 180 gram record.

Plus, I have a suspicion that the added mass may help dampen any potential motor noise on a direct drive table.

for some reason, i always thought the S/T record was a 2xLP but discogs says it's a single LP. fuckers always wanted $30 for a single LP too. dicks.

i really wish this was more impressive for a $200 box. it comes to $200.30 even after the coupon code. you guys have severely lucked out with the tax rates.

also, great timing for the iPhone 4S email. FML.

is there any difference between ordering from deftones and BSM besides the numbers?

It's already somewhere in the thread but there's 25 random pre orders that will be signed by the band if you order from Deftones website. You save money if you order from BSM. Other than that, there's no variants or anything which is great.