College Football

I'm a FCS guy here...went to a no-name school in Boone, NC school called Appalachian State (well, Michigan fans might still remember the name, but not many others). We've been doing pretty well down here since then...at least a share of all conference championships, but haven't won a national championship since the Michigan year. We have the talent to make some noise in the playoffs again this year, but going all the way is doubtful unless we find some mountain mojo as the season progresses.

I love both FCS and BCS football...when I'm not pulling for ASU (Appalachian St.) I'm basking in the local glory of ACC and SEC football - amazing games every week - and I cheer on the Oregon Ducks just because.

I've known a few people that have gone to Appalachian State...gotta pretty stellar Interdisciplinary school up there if I remember correctly

I'm a HUGE LSU fan, GEAUX Tigers!!

Alabama's D is stout. NFL stout. And they are very large and strong. But LSU has the Honeybadger. And he doesn't give a shit. LSU's D is faster, but definitely not as big. I think it's going to be a great game in Tuscaloosa. I read somewhere that it'll be a "quarter-final" for the National Championship, and I think that has merit. Trent Richardson is a beast. He is so strong, they say that when he carries the ball, there is over 3000 lbs of force holding it there, b/t all of the muscles. and he's low to the ground.

As far as Florida goes, any game with these two teams is usually good. I think that's one of the reason's that they are each other's constant from the other division. But that Brantley injury/absence is going loom huge for Florida's offense. We will see what happens, but I think LSU covers and does it quite easily.

I'm interested to see how it all pans out. Unfortunately, I'll be working a seminar in Denver when the LSU-BAMA game is going on. So glad I have a DVR.

Looking forward to another Saturday..

I'm a HUGE LSU fan, GEAUX Tigers!!

Alabama's D is stout. NFL stout. And they are very large and strong. But LSU has the Honeybadger. And he doesn't give a shit. LSU's D is faster, but definitely not as big. I think it's going to be a great game in Tuscaloosa. I read somewhere that it'll be a "quarter-final" for the National Championship, and I think that has merit. Trent Richardson is a beast. He is so strong, they say that when he carries the ball, there is over 3000 lbs of force holding it there, b/t all of the muscles. and he's low to the ground.

As far as Florida goes, any game with these two teams is usually good. I think that's one of the reason's that they are each other's constant from the other division. But that Brantley injury/absence is going loom huge for Florida's offense. We will see what happens, but I think LSU covers and does it quite easily.

I'm interested to see how it all pans out. Unfortunately, I'll be working a seminar in Denver when the LSU-BAMA game is going on. So glad I have a DVR.

Looking forward to another Saturday..

I'm a Penn State fan (it's not my alma mater, though). I didn't get to watch their season opener like I do every year b/c of trouble with my cable though. bummer. I love college football; a lot of people I guess have issues with their bowl selection system. I watch a lot of different teams, like LSU, it's just entertaining all around.

I'm a Penn State fan (it's not my alma mater, though). I didn't get to watch their season opener like I do every year b/c of trouble with my cable though. bummer. I love college football; a lot of people I guess have issues with their bowl selection system. I watch a lot of different teams, like LSU, it's just entertaining all around.

WISCONSIN / WVU are the teams i root for. wisconsin because thats where my dad's family is from, and WVU because my fiance/her family are from outside of Morgantown. I love watching Alabama, natalies uncle coached Saban, so everyone always supports him and whereever he goes. They're beasts this year with a new QB and RB on offense. He just knows what to do to make teams win. its awesome

WISCONSIN / WVU are the teams i root for. wisconsin because thats where my dad's family is from, and WVU because my fiance/her family are from outside of Morgantown. I love watching Alabama, natalies uncle coached Saban, so everyone always supports him and whereever he goes. They're beasts this year with a new QB and RB on offense. He just knows what to do to make teams win. its awesome

working at Jimmy John's on the strip in Tuscaloosa for the past 6 years straight really opened my eyes to college football fans (at least the SEC fans)...hands down, as much as I hate to admit it, Alabama has more sidewalk fans than any school in the country...and hands down, LSU fans are an absolute atrocity...Auburn fans are insanely cocky, always, and until last year had absolutely no reason what so ever to have any pep in their step...when Fat Phil was leading the Vols, their fans were a distant 2nd as far as unruliness and rudeness (again, no offense to the Tennessee fan, I don't know you personally, but these are things I picked up on quite a large scale)...last year when Penn State came to town, i guess everybody in Tuscaloosa is pretty used to the extreme animosity and deep seeded hatred for one another, so having Penn State fans in town was weird, hands down the Nicest group of College Football fans I've encountered anywhere, and they came down in droves....Ole Miss fans seem to yell fucking "Hotty Toddie" just as much if not more than Alabama fans yelling "Roll Tide", which, if you're their opposition is incredibly annoying

working at Jimmy John's on the strip in Tuscaloosa for the past 6 years straight really opened my eyes to college football fans (at least the SEC fans)...hands down, as much as I hate to admit it, Alabama has more sidewalk fans than any school in the country...and hands down, LSU fans are an absolute atrocity...Auburn fans are insanely cocky, always, and until last year had absolutely no reason what so ever to have any pep in their step...when Fat Phil was leading the Vols, their fans were a distant 2nd as far as unruliness and rudeness (again, no offense to the Tennessee fan, I don't know you personally, but these are things I picked up on quite a large scale)...last year when Penn State came to town, i guess everybody in Tuscaloosa is pretty used to the extreme animosity and deep seeded hatred for one another, so having Penn State fans in town was weird, hands down the Nicest group of College Football fans I've encountered anywhere, and they came down in droves....Ole Miss fans seem to yell fucking "Hotty Toddie" just as much if not more than Alabama fans yelling "Roll Tide", which, if you're their opposition is incredibly annoying