College Football

its a good thing college fans have a short attention span and that i wont have to listen to this crap after today.

and after the amount of times ive read roll tide in the last 2 days, ill agree... bama fans are the worst.

dont hear it once all year, then they win a lopsided, meaningless* bowl game, and my entire facebook feed is ROLL TIDE BABY YYEAAAAAHHHH!!!! were in fucking massachusetts- what significance does this team have in your lives??

*meaningless because until they provide a true playoff bracket, college football will remain a joke.

Alabama shouldn't have been in this game BUT they put on a great show last night. What the hell are you going to do? Every year there is something shitty surrounding the title game and we talk about the BCS as bullshit and how we need a playoff. Eventually it will come but don't hold your breath as we gain more super-conferences that are adding a game to their schedule as it is.

I don't agree with a Playoff system for College sports in general....only reason I say this, is this kids are supposed to be at these Schools and Universities for learning, being a collegiate athlete is draining enough, having to drag it out that much longer for a play-off system just means less time in the classroom or for studying. I realize a lot of these collegiate athletes are just looking for further their athletic career, but as we know there are only so many draft-spots each year, there's always the possibility of a horrible injury, and the longevity of professional athletes are pretty finite...play-off systems work, and they would certainly make everything a bit more fair and easier to sort out a clear winner....completely agree with that...I just don't believe it's the best thing for collegiate athletics

and again, Roll Tide

P.S. i don't know why people in Mass. would be stoked on Alabama's accomplishment either, unless they attended the university (novel idea)...honestly the Bamanation reaches far and wide and works in mysterious ways. As unbiased as I can be, Tennessee fans and LSU fans are both at minimum on and equal playing field of crappiness as Alabama fans...i've never seen such classless dicks in my life (Nicest fanbase I've come in contact with PennState fans, insanely nice). Also, maybe wherever you hail from College Athletic enthusiasts have short attention spans....but we don't really have professional athletics here in Alabama, so our entire concentration goes to college athletics....so this isn't a Roll Tide today, done tomorrow kind of thing....it's literally a 24/7 365 mentality here, I realize it's not that way nation-wide, but here it's definitely all around you all the time...much like media coverage of Tornado devastation and clean-up has been over for quite some time for the rest of the nation....but here we still live with driving by what used to be neighborhoods on a daily basis....i literally had another Tornado nightmare 3 nights ago....and much like the thoughts and memories of that damn freak of nature still surrounding me and my community, so does Alabama football. Roll Tide Always

maybe all these western-massers feel a connection after our own tornado woes.

having never experienced any sort of substantial natural disaster, it really is eye-opening to see what kind of toll can really be taken by something like a tornado. 6 or 7 months later, and springfield still has buildings without roofs.

while I would have preferred okstate vs. lsu (surely would have been more exciting... though in full disclosure, I still would have watched last night's t-wolves/raptors game instead), I will say that I prefer alabama to lsu.

now if only the 49ers can take out the saints, I won't have to listen to anyone say "who dat?" for ~8 months

• 10 months later...

Not enough NCAAF chatter around here. My Gators had a strong first half against the Noles and I'm feeling pretty good. There are some great games coming up in a week. If ND loses tonight and the Gators hold on then there is a shot at the National Title game. That said I see ND as too strong for USC and they roll them to the tune of a 10-14pt victory.

Today in college football:

Glad my gators beat fsu, we really played well

That Georgia vs Florida game was one the worst I've seen any Gator team play. This includes the Ron Zook era Gators - that was embarrassing how they turned the ball over repeatedly.

Which makes this ^ so much worse because we should be #1 right now. We could've been so much better than we were that game and both teams did awful.

Alabama v Auburn was no surprise and neither was USC over Clemson, glad the Top Ten is ACC-free.

Disappointed by Mich-OSU because fuck Urban Meyer

As for USC, they had one job. ONE JOB. I'm hoping for an SEC win and I think it'll happen, ND came too far.

Not a shot at you UF fans here...but I am SO GLAD Notre Dame won and kept the Gators out of the title picture. Not just because the Gator fans around my area are loathsome to say the least (ha), but even as a Dawgs fan and an SEC homer I just don't think ANYONE who isn't the champion of their conference should be playing for a national title. On top of that, it just sucks up any and all excitement for me from the actual game because it's a pretty common thing to see most of the possible teams play in conference play during the season every year if not every other year or so. Alabama/LSU last year was just awful to see happen.

That said, GO DAWGS! :)

only defensive player to ever win the heisman was charles woodson in 1997, beating Peyton Manning, Randy Moss and Ryan L(ol)eaf. Woodson won the natl championship that year and also split some time at WR/RB too, Te'o doesnt. thats what will be the difference.IF ND goes on to win the championship.

Not a shot at you UF fans here...but I am SO GLAD Notre Dame won and kept the Gators out of the title picture. Not just because the Gator fans around my area are loathsome to say the least (ha), but even as a Dawgs fan and an SEC homer I just don't think ANYONE who isn't the champion of their conference should be playing for a national title. On top of that, it just sucks up any and all excitement for me from the actual game because it's a pretty common thing to see most of the possible teams play in conference play during the season every year if not every other year or so. Alabama/LSU last year was just awful to see happen.

The issue I have with this is that the Gators played the toughest schedule of any Top-5 team. Not being in a conference title game isn't a reflection of the quality of the team, only a reflection of the quality of their schedule. They shouldn't be penalized because of that. It is embarrassing to think a team from the Big 10 or ACC or Pac 12 could have gotten ahead of Florida based on how weak the competition is currently.

Anyway, it is what it is. Kelly's play calling for ND was terrible so if they hope to win the title they need to figure out their offense. Can't rely on their defense to make continued goal line stands.

The problem comes when the SEC championship is the national championship every year. A lot of times the national championship game has two teams from one conference and with football it's all about when you're able to preform. If you don't win your conference but you deliver when you're playing the game that matters, then you deserve it. Just my two cents.

As for my Gators, I don't think we should have beaten UGA but our playing was awful and we deserved that loss. We'll get a nice BCS bowl and finish in the top 5 which is miles ahead of what anybody expected from us and that's enough for me.

thank you. how did USC not score at the end there? how many times did they have first & goal? ridiculous...

He's only around because he plays for Notre Dame. Dude has a couple interceptions, that's it. Ohio State moved a fullback to linebacker six weeks ago, and he has more tackles than Te'o over that time.