College Football

Worst coaching job ever by Nick Saban and that includes his loss to UAB at LSU and to LA Monroe at Alabama. To quote Denny Green "We had'em and we let them off the hook. Just getting tired of Nick Saban and his arrogant ass and I have the right to say it, I went to UA. The players deserved much better than they got tonight. They played their heart out minus the special teams and Nick Saban rewarded them with terrible playcalling and stupidity. He put a hurt Marquize Maze out there when he couldn't even field a punt and that play completely changed the outcome of the game. The rest is history. Where is Mike Shula when you need him. Even he would have ran the ball on first play in overtime. Granted it might have been Ken Darby at right guard for no gain but he still would have ran the ball. Just sick to my stomach. It is always the players fault never his.

i'm not sure how anybody found that game boring or uneventful, that's just mind blowing

i think there was some questionable play calling by Saban, but at the same time, having Maze out there not 100% is better than having Bell or TR back there taking the ball...I agree he shouldn't have been in the game at that point taking the kicks, but I can at least see Saban's side on that call.

the questionable calls on the Ref's side is what killed me...that "interception" call was horse shit in my opinion, the ball never left our hands until his body hit the ground...if a running back is carrying the ball and get's hit and his knee touches the ground the play is over, if an opponent strips the ball from him after his knee is down, it doesn't matter b/c the play is over....I realize there was a bit more going on with the play in question, but I feel that was the robbery of the game

i'm pretty damn surprised that neither coach called a fake punt to be honest

I understand Saban trying to change it up in OT and go with passing game simply b/c he figured LSU's D wouldn't be expecting us to that....however, i feel our running game would have been far more effective

Place kicker Cade Foster....fucking hell what got into that guys head, I'm not throwing our loss on his shoulders....but seriously, if your only job on the team is kicking......and you're playing a team with an incredible Defense, you had better believe that your ass better be ready to kick under pressure in a high stakes game like last night....no clue what happened to that kid

the cheap shot that put Kirkpatrick out of the game made me violently ill...and the fact that Les Miles had the audacity to step out on the field and argue that shit made my blood boil

everybody knew it was going to be a defensive power house slugfest and it definitely delivered and pretty much went exactly how I figured it would...unfortunately

i'm not sure how anybody found that game boring or uneventful, that's just mind blowing

i think there was some questionable play calling by Saban, but at the same time, having Maze out there not 100% is better than having Bell or TR back there taking the ball...I agree he shouldn't have been in the game at that point taking the kicks, but I can at least see Saban's side on that call.

the questionable calls on the Ref's side is what killed me...that "interception" call was horse shit in my opinion, the ball never left our hands until his body hit the ground...if a running back is carrying the ball and get's hit and his knee touches the ground the play is over, if an opponent strips the ball from him after his knee is down, it doesn't matter b/c the play is over....I realize there was a bit more going on with the play in question, but I feel that was the robbery of the game

I understand Saban trying to change it up in OT and go with passing game simply b/c he figured LSU's D wouldn't be expecting us to that....however, i feel our running game would have been far more effective

Place kicker Cade Foster....fucking hell what got into that guys head, I'm not throwing our loss on his shoulders....but seriously, if your only job on the team is kicking......and you're playing a team with an incredible Defense, you had better believe that your ass better be ready to kick under pressure in a high stakes game like last night....no clue what happened to that kid

the cheap shot that put Kirkpatrick out of the game made me violently ill...and the fact that Les Miles had the audacity to step out on the field and argue that shit made my blood boil

everybody knew it was going to be a defensive power house slugfest and it definitely delivered and pretty much went exactly how I figured it would...unfortunately

You are totally right about the interception at the goal line, that ball did not get stolen out of his hands until Michael Williams was already on the ground. A WR pass was a terrible play call considering I have never even seen Marquize Maze ever attempt a pass. How about Trent in the Wildcat. Saban outsmarted himself there.

I remember close to the end of the game Bama had a fourth and 2 from close to midfield and didn't go for it. In hindsight, probably should have gone for it there.

Cade Foster is a scholarship kicker that Nick Saban recruited and obviously misjudged him. He can't even get a touchback. He is terrible at pretty much everything he does. Where is Michael Proctor or Leigh Tiffin when you need them.

One can argue Bama has not one a game of any significance since 2009. He placed the blame squarely on his players but we lost the game because of terrible coaching last night sad to say.

Lsu vs Boise

LSU will have their hands full with Arkansas considering Arkansas has beat them three out of the last four years. Boise has beat exactly one top 25 team in Georgia and a not very good Georgia team at that. Boise deserves exactly no consideration for the BCS Championship. The Mountain West is horrible in a good year. I understand Boise has beaten the likes of Oklahoma and Virginia Tech but that is usually when they have 60 days to game plan for them. Boise would be a bottom dweller in the SEC because you must play good defense in the SEC.

You are totally right about the interception at the goal line, that ball did not get stolen out of his hands until Michael Williams was already on the ground. A WR pass was a terrible play call considering I have never even seen Marquize Maze ever attempt a pass. How about Trent in the Wildcat. Saban outsmarted himself there.

I remember close to the end of the game Bama had a fourth and 2 from close to midfield and didn't go for it. In hindsight, probably should have gone for it there.

Cade Foster is a scholarship kicker that Nick Saban recruited and obviously misjudged him. He can't even get a touchback. He is terrible at pretty much everything he does. Where is Michael Proctor or Leigh Tiffin when you need them.

One can argue Bama has not one a game of any significance since 2009. He placed the blame squarely on his players but we lost the game because of terrible coaching last night sad to say.

I honestly still hold a grudge against Leigh Tiffin for his early years, but damn did he redeam himself...I'm actually friends with Michael Proctor.

Hopefully Saban works Foster's ass off and gets him used to high pressure situations

Lsu vs Boise

LSU will have their hands full with Arkansas considering Arkansas has beat them three out of the last four years. Boise has beat exactly one top 25 team in Georgia and a not very good Georgia team at that. Boise deserves exactly no consideration for the BCS Championship. The Mountain West is horrible in a good year. I understand Boise has beaten the likes of Oklahoma and Virginia Tech but that is usually when they have 60 days to game plan for them. Boise would be a bottom dweller in the SEC because you must play good defense in the SEC.

Not buying into the Arky hype. They've eeked out wins against marginally talented teams, and have yet to beat a good team. As long as LSU keeps their head on straight, they shouldn't have any trouble with them.

Not buying into the Arky hype. They've eeked out wins against marginally talented teams, and have yet to beat a good team. As long as LSU keeps their head on straight, they shouldn't have any trouble with them.

Look at the results from the past few years. Game will be close. Arkansas has passed the ball on everyone this year including Alabama. LSU might win but LSU is far from out of the woods. I also know the game is in Death Valley which gives LSU the advantage. We will see. Everyone one of the unbeaten's minus Boise can still lose possibly.

2005 3 LSU 19 Arkansas 17 Baton Rouge, LA

2006 8 LSU 31 5 Arkansas 26 Little Rock, AR

2007 1 LSU 48 Arkansas 50 Baton Rouge, LA

2008 LSU 30 Arkansas 31 Little Rock, AR

2009 15 LSU 33 Arkansas 30 Baton Rouge, LA

2010 5 LSU 23 12 Arkansas 31 Little Rock, AR

ESPN starts doing these in the pre-season. Silly, yes, but it's fun to look back and see how things change over the course of the year.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/bowls/projections

I just don't get how these people think Wiscy's going to the Rose Bowl. A lot has to happen to Penn State and Ohio State for Wiscy to even get to the Big Ten championship game, let alone the RB. We shall see...

• 2 weeks later...
Great upset win tonight for Ok State. Hope to god there isn't an Alabama/LSU championship.

Then who deserves it then. Not Houston a Conference USA team that plays the likes of UAB and Memphis, Not Oregon, the team that lost to LSU by 13 or 20 if you don't count the touchdown they scored with 14 seconds left in the game. Or how about an Oklahoma team that lost to a four touchdown underdog Texas Tech at home. Or the OK State, the team that lost to a 28 point underdog who was 2-4 in the shitty Big 12 or 10 or whatever they call it these days. By all means don't let the team who played LSU its best game all season long have another chance. Simply put Bama deserves another chance provided they take care of business the rest of the way.