Foo Fighters Preorders on Amazon?

j67ab

Every one of these albums were recut at Bernie Grundman's studio. They are awesome. The credits on the back of the sleeves are for this issue of the LP.

The one downside is no gatefolds, but i'd rather get a great sounding version on LP for this cheap than pay extra for a fancy gatefold. I do love fancy gatefolds, though...

seeing as Colour was never issued as gatefold (as long as i know), i suppose that's not much of a loss. if these really do sound AMAZING, i will probably end up selling my original copy.

Every one of these albums were recut at Bernie Grundman's studio. They are awesome. The credits on the back of the sleeves are for this issue of the LP.

The one downside is no gatefolds, but i'd rather get a great sounding version on LP for this cheap than pay extra for a fancy gatefold. I do love fancy gatefolds, though...

seeing as Colour was never issued as gatefold (as long as i know), i suppose that's not much of a loss. if these really do sound AMAZING, i will probably end up selling my original copy.

Will be disappointing if TINLTL and One by One lost their gatefolds. Especially considering these aren't cheap (by MSRP), just about everyone besides Amazon is $24.99+.

Will be disappointing if TINLTL and One by One lost their gatefolds. Especially considering these aren't cheap (by MSRP), just about everyone besides Amazon is $24.99+.

true. though i can't speak for One by One (never owned the vinyl, never liked that record much), TINLTL would lose some of its charm, especially since the gatefold LP gave it a similar feel to the digipack foldout for the CD. but since the original pressing TINLTL was just absolute shit, i'd sacrifice the cover for a good sounding record.

oh well, win some, lose some.

Will be disappointing if TINLTL doesn't include the temporary tattoo.

Amazon shipped both There Is Nothing Left to Lose and In Your Honor today but for some reason Colour & The Shape is shipping separately. Any ideas why? It shows that it's in stock.

I would consider the fact that amazon has distribution centers all over the U.S. If one location runs out of stock on a particular item it will just be shipped from somewhere else. Sometimes I wonder how much money Amazon loses by shipping things this way but then I remember that I don't care. Either way I paid $0 for super saver shipping 8-)

Just got this:

Hello from Amazon.ca.

We wanted to let you know there's a delay with one or more items in the order you placed on October 09, 2011 (Order# 702-0685398-5709868).

Foo Fighters "Skin & Bones"

Estimated ship date: December 13, 2011

LAME!

I just got a similar email. That doesn't make sense to me that they are delaying my order but Amazon.ca says "in stock".

If you are on the fence about buying these from Amazon, I suggest you jump on these before the price goes back up. It looks like the regular retail price is $21 for the single LPs and $33 for the double LPs.

Also, I got the self-titled and TC&TS and neither of them came with inserts. Did the originals have inner inserts? Do the other reissues come with inner inserts?

Took a quick listen to "Stacked Actors" on my original press TINLTL, then the same on the new press. I know the old one is known for terrible sound but the difference in these is night and day. As stupid as it sounds, I'm pretty confident saying I've listened to this album hundreds of times and this is the best it's ever been. The whole thing is incredible.

Edit: just did comparison with One By One. Same result, re-press kills the original 2x10" which sounded better than the UK 12" IMO.

Packaging is simple like previously stated. All of them are in a regular jacket, no gatefold. They all look great though, no pixelization on One by One (if you've seen the UK 12" you know what I'm talking about). TINLTL is slightly different from the original though. There's no "aging" effect at all on the photo on the new release. The photo is also sharper but a little more washed out.

(left: og press | right: new press)

[image]

If you are on the fence about buying these from Amazon, I suggest you jump on these before the price goes back up. It looks like the regular retail price is $21 for the single LPs and $33 for the double LPs.

Also, I got the self-titled and TC&TS and neither of them came with inserts. Did the originals have inner inserts? Do the other reissues come with inner inserts?

The original self-titled has an insert, TCATS or any others for that matter did not. Some were gatefolds though (TINLNL, 1x1), and In Your Honor was the big 4xlp boxset.

Took a quick listen to "Stacked Actors" on my original press TINLTL, then the same on the new press. I know the old one is known for terrible sound but the difference in these is night and day. As stupid as it sounds, I'm pretty confident saying I've listened to this album hundreds of times and this is the best it's ever been. The whole thing is incredible.

Edit: just did comparison with One By One. Same result, re-press kills the original 2x10" which sounded better than the UK 12" IMO.

Packaging is simple like previously stated. All of them are in a regular jacket, no gatefold. They all look great though, no pixelization on One by One (if you've seen the UK 12" you know what I'm talking about). TINLTL is slightly different from the original though. There's no "aging" effect at all on the photo on the new release. The photo is also sharper but a little more washed out.

(left: og press | right: new press)

[image]

Thanks for sharing! It's great to hear the audio quality has improved compared to previous releases. The artwork, while important to me, and I will miss the gatefold, will be fine if it sounds good :)

Received all six of mine. I ordered everything from S/T through Skin and Bones. Each one is a great "listening" copy as the sound quality (from what I've listened to on Colour & The Shape) is excellent, but as mentioned before, lacks any "fancy" packaging. Outside jacket cover, no gatefold, no insert. Each one comes with an mp3 coupon and the vinyl is housed in nice dust sleeves. However, it is definitely worth the $$$ to finally have good sounding copies of these records.