Sent a Record-Buyer says hasn't received

tco

Just seeking a bit of advice here, i recently sold a few surplus records on ebay and discogs. All the records sold and were sent out and received no probs, except one. He told me he wanted the cheapest postage option available (UK to Germany), which i told him i would prefer if he chose a method with some tracking as it was costing him $75 for the record alone. He wouldn't budge so i sent it out regardless.

As he went for the shipping method with no insurance, if he doesn't receive within 4 weeks, where do i stand. The buyer had zero feedback on discogs, so just wondering if he may be trying a reverse scam.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I got fucked the same way. I sent a record to Chicago from the Toronto area. Seller says it didn't arrive and asked for the cheapest shipping method. I showed I sent it and still lost the money when ebay went to resolve it.

Bingo. This process is heavily tilted against the seller. I require Italian and Brazilian buyers to pay for a higher class service since I got tired of getting claims from these countries.

I've never had an issue with Germany though. In fact, I find German buyers/traders to get their stuff really quick.

I personally have never had any Germany problems either. And it does suck, but you can say priority mail only....and that is trackable. People don't like it, but ultimately it would be up to you if you stick to it or not. For a $75 record...fuck it, it goes priority or it doesn't go. I have sent stuff out international 1st class many times. I have only had 1 person "claim" they did not receive it, out of 100+ mailings. I have sent a few high dollar packages....and they always go priority mail, period. Your the seller, you make the rules, no one is obligated to buy if they don't like it. On occasion I have even partially covered priority shipping costs maybe cover $10 or so on it...

This has happened to me. Sent a record out dude said he never got it. I know for a fact i sent it to the right address but since i told him i didnt get a tracking number he completely fucked me. I know he got it. After i sent it and he filed a claim he never came back to the boards. so ALWAYS! get a tracking number!!!!!