VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

I think you also gotta look at the style of matches that were had back in the 50s and 60s compared to the 80s and 90s. A slam would be someones finiser, the ddt hadnt been invented yet, and the headlock was 75% of a match. Not saying this accounts for a lot, but Benoit did have a brain of a 80 year old alzheimers man while Gagne probably never took a shot to his head in his life.

Considering styles certainly hadn't occurred to me as I was typing my thoughts, so that's good point. Still, The 40-50 wrestlers who've died before their 40th birthday in the past ten years didn't have much in common with Benoit. Sure, Benoit did the flying headbutt and probably most of his trauma from that or chair shots. But that long list of guys who've died early all have heart-related issues or overdoses. The drugs play a significant role in their shortened lives. Not all mind you, but a considerable amount.

Thankfully, it seems since WWE has been the biggest game in town for more than ten years and had all of the scrutiny placed on them after Benoit murder/suicide, they seem to have cleaned up the locker room quite a lot.  

Considering styles certainly hadn't occurred to me as I was typing my thoughts, so that's good point. Still, The 40-50 wrestlers who've died before their 40th birthday in the past ten years didn't have much in common with Benoit. Sure, Benoit did the flying headbutt and probably most of his trauma from that or chair shots. But that long list of guys who've died early all have heart-related issues or overdoses. The drugs play a significant role in their shortened lives. Not all mind you, but a considerable amount.

Thankfully, it seems since WWE has been the biggest game in town for more than ten years and had all of the scrutiny placed on them after Benoit murder/suicide, they seem to have cleaned up the locker room quite a lot.  

True, I was just wondering how much others think that might play into account. For sure many were drug related or effects from doing drugs earlier.

Sadly the WWE has loosened its wellness policy in the past year or so. You can now have strikes removed.

The difference is that Cesaro is better in the ring (in my opinion). I hope it doesn't turn out that way. It's just odd to see WWE pair him up with the ultimate heel, Paul Heyman, just as he's gaining some love as a face.

in your opinion?

no.

cesaro is far superior to anything axel could dream of doing. fact.

this is nothing like axel's stint with heyman. the crowd is conflicted because he just spent 5 minutes dumping more dirt into taker's grave, and then introduced the guy who is heating up like no other right now. listen to the pop he got after the 3 count. people want to see this guy because he's a monster. it can only help that he has the best mouth piece of all time on his side now. just let the streak blow over, and the crowd will figure it out.

in your opinion?

no.

cesaro is far superior to anything axel could dream of doing. fact.

this is nothing like axel's stint with heyman. the crowd is conflicted because he just spent 5 minutes dumping more dirt into taker's grave, and then introduced the guy who is heating up like no other right now. listen to the pop he got after the 3 count. people want to see this guy because he's a monster. it can only help that he has the best mouth piece of all time on his side now. just let the streak blow over, and the crowd will figure it out.

I just put the "in my opinion" part to avoid any conflict on the issue, lol. But I agree. I REALLY like him with Heyman. It was just odd to see those two together at first. I don't have any doubt that Cesaro is going to go over big. The crowd is definitely in to Cesaro way more than they were ever in to Axel.

I'm all for this reunion unless they bury the Shield. This feud should end with the Shield going over.

Sidebar: where is Flair!?

Yeah, isn't Flair under contract with WWE again? He doesn't have to show up every episode, but it'd be nice to see him in Evolution's corner at Extreme Rules. Have him hit Ambrose with some chops during the match or something.

And, yes, if the Shield loses, WWE is incredibly stupid.