VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

You touched on it a little bit but Ultimate Warrior= character and James Hellwig= real person. They brought back The Ultimate Warrior.

Look at the baseball Hall of Fame, Ty Cobb was a known racist and woman abuser. He is in the hall because he was good at baseball. The hall recognizes the person for one thing they did not who they are.

Why'd you change your reply? 

I don't give a shit who profited from what. He was an outright bigoted asshole. I can't put it any plainer. He marketed his draconian ideals in as close a manner as he possibly could to his stage name. He deserves the same respect that we give to any other homophobe who thought the best use of their public platform was spreading hatred towards others. 

Why'd you change your reply?

I don't give a shit who profited from what. He was an outright bigoted asshole. I can't put it any plainer. He marketed his draconian ideals in as close a manner as he possibly could to his stage name. He deserves the same respect that we give to any other homophobe who thought the best use of their public platform was spreading hatred towards others.

I overreacted on impulse lol.

I guess I am the only one who never really cared for Warrior to begin with. Thought he was a bad wrestler, that Hogan vs Warrior match is brutal to watch these days, yet people still put it on a pedestal for some reason.

watched the wrestlemania 6 match last night because it was on the network, and i'll have to agree. tons of credit to ventura and monsoon for calling that match as if it was the epic bout that people make it out to be.

it was also surprising to hear seth rollins say that there isn't another wrestling match he's watched as many times over.

I never knew any that, Dave. I did know that he was pretty universally disliked by the locker room, and that he never really was 'one of the guys'. I'm on the fence as to whether that changes my thoughts on him being inducted though. While I've never really cared about his matches or his character, I recognize that he is iconic. It sucks that he was such a chode but at the same time, it seems unfair for the WWE to not be able to celebrate one of their most recognizable characters because the man playing him co-opted the persona and tainted it.

tons of credit to ventura and monsoon...

Tons of credit to Ventura & Monsoon period.  Monsoon was the perfect commentator and gelled well with anyone setting next to him, but he & Ventura were tops all time in my book.  Bobby The Brain & Monsoon were also way up there. 

As far as the Hogan/Warrior in Wrestlemania VI, that was just a monumental defining match.  All locker room talk, politics, real life nonsense aside, these were two of the most electric personas the Federation has ever had.  I don't care what they had for breakfast.  I don't care who they vote for.  Same goes in the music industry.  I downright hate some of the band members whose music I love the most.  They'll be on stage bragging about how big their ego is, for example.  The most shallow, useless thing anybody could say at about any point.  But they jam one hell of a tune when the music comes on & I enjoy it.  My instinct is to hate them & not play or buy/support these guys, but if I didn't control that I'd miss out on some of my favorite music.  If I judged the actors, musicians, or any celebrity of any kind based on personal politics & what they were really like, I'd probably hate almost everybody & be a fan of nothing & do nothing.  Even the nice ones with a clean record, I'd hate their real life personality cause they were such a geek.  Of course this is an exaggeration but you get the idea.

Back to WWE, Hogan speaks for himself as the all-american larger than life He-Man that he was.  And the Warrior in his own right.  Half man, half animal, that character truly was.  And if you're a "normal" as he called them, a normal human being, you won't get it.  He won't speak to you & you won't understand between the lines of his seemingly gibberish ranting.  So the Wrestlemania VI match didn't have tables stacked on tables, chairs and they didn't climb what is it, 30 feet above the ring to get the belts.  They didn't have to mutilate each other.  Or promote Budweiser to get their point across.  Ya know what I mean?  What.  This was before the time that a WWF wrestler was an advanced stunt devil, these guys were......wrestlers.  Not knocking the other characters that aren't Hogan & Warrior, but this was the pinnacle of raw old school wrestling.

But anyways, that was also my personal era, and so I understand I have my bias opinions.  If I was the age I was then, during The Rock & Stone Cold's heyday, I probably feel different & look back at WMVI like it was old, lacking production & entertainment value.  But let's be realistic.

I just woke up from a dream where me and a bunch of wwe guys were on a basketball team together and we faced off against the 92 dream team. It was some sort of championship game and it was held in the gym of my old high school.

I was unstoppable. I could only describe my playing as it was like I was on fire in NBA Jam. Brodus Clay was a beast down in the paint as well.

Worst part is that it was a tie game with a few seconds to go and I got the last shot. I put up a jumper but I woke up as it was in the air. I'LL NEVER KNOW WHO WON

Anyone going to Extreme Rules in Jersey next month? My buddies and I are gonna be tailgating if any of ya wanna join!

I'm going, but I'll have my 12 year old cousin in tow, I'm pretty stoked for it though.

I was unstoppable. I could only describe my playing as it was like I was on fire in NBA Jam. 

Being on fire was truly awesome. Completely forgot about that.

I just woke up from a dream where me and a bunch of wwe guys were on a basketball team together and we faced off against the 92 dream team. It was some sort of championship game and it was held in the gym of my old high school.

I was unstoppable. I could only describe my playing as it was like I was on fire in NBA Jam. Brodus Clay was a beast down in the paint as well.

Worst part is that it was a tie game with a few seconds to go and I got the last shot. I put up a jumper but I woke up as it was in the air. I'LL NEVER KNOW WHO WON

If this is true, this is one of the greatest posts on the site.  Well it pretty much is anyways.  This needs to be made into a movie.  Michael J Fox needs at least a cameo as Teen Wolf & Mick should be in it as well.

Gonna try to make it to extreme rules in Boston. Hopefully we can snag some decent tickets along the way.

Mania is just an hour or so from where my sister lives, so it's pretty much my intention to make that happen.

And for anyone watching smackdown, I've got good news for people who love bad news barrett.