VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Owens won via TKO; the referee stopped the match because Zayn couldn't go. Owens didn't do anything illegal (he just powerbombed again and again ... and again), so he couldn't disqualify him. I'm not happy that Zayn already lost the title but my god, this is absolutely perfect for this feud and exactly what it needs.

Btw I'm scared to fall asleep because I can't fucking breathe right now. Still in total shock.

Owens won via TKO; the referee stopped the match because Zayn couldn't go. Owens didn't do anything illegal (he just powerbombed again and again ... and again), so he couldn't disqualify him. I'm not happy that Zayn already lost the title but my god, this is absolutely perfect for this feud and exactly what it needs.

Btw I'm scared to fall asleep because I can't fucking breathe right now. Still in total shock.

i know it makes sense but just being a mark right now

Such a great show. Itami and Breeze kicked it off in style. The No DQ was pretty awful. Bull Dempsey might not be able to "go," and it's high time Baron has a feud that shows off what he can do. I didn't mind the tag match so much. I kinda like Blake and Murphy, more than the Lucha Dragons anyway. Kalisto is almost too flashy, and some of his moves looked a little botched. 

Balor and Neville delivered huge. Such a great match between those two. Balor might be my favorite in NXT right now, and I'm really glad he's getting the push. I couldn't handle Neville in the title picture anymore. His phoenix splash off the second rope was pretty badass though. Great work from those two. This might have been my favorite match of the night.

That Divas match was INCREDIBLE. It was absolutely unreal. I've got a little crush on Sasha right now so I'm pretty stoked that she won. I even liked that quick rollup finish. That doesn't happen enough, wear the opponent out with the submission then quickly switch into a pin. I liked it. All four of those ladies went at it, and it was great. This might have been my favorite match of the night.

The Owens and Zayn fight was really something else. I liked how dominant Owens looked throughout. One thing I didn't enjoy was the "doctor angle" with Zayn (assuming he wasn't actually out). WWE booked a similar situation with Zayn when he was feuding with Graves closer to his debut. For those like myself who remember this, it makes Zayn look particularly fragile, and I'm not a fan of that. The angle did help to make Owens look unstoppable though. I'm a little disappointed that Zayn's run was so short, but seeing Owens with that belt was pretty incredible. This might have been my favorite match of the night.

Barring the No DQ match, this event delivered a thousand times over. I can't believe it.

I'm also really stoked that Graves is working well on the announcing team. I enjoy his commentary particularly his disdain for the Becky Lynch gimmick.

I'm also really stoked that Graves is working well on the announcing team. I enjoy his commentary particularly his disdain for the Becky Lynch gimmick.

Agreed.

As everyone else has said, that was an excellent show. Balor and Neville were incredible. I gasped when Balor hit that huge stomp to the back of Neville's head. Holy shit. Loved the Divas match and I'm happy that Banks got the win. Bayley getting close was cool too. I didn't care for that tag team match at all... Blake and Murphy don't really do it for me and I felt like the Lucha Dragons just didn't look good. Oh well, that was still a decent match to have as a worst of the night.

Damn I'm still pumped from that number one contender match.

I think Bayley impressed me more than anyone else tonight. I always thought she was decent but she brought it tonight.

tumblr_njmzp9Nq331saykaxo1_400.gif

The main event was pretty incredible. Most of the people who I've seen say they disliked it seem to be genuinely disgusted which says a lot. I definitely didn't foresee it playing out like it did.

Overall, great 'ppv'. As sloppy as Corbin/Bull was they could have saved it with a table. Bull is probably on his way down the ladder and I can't see Corbin sticking around long if he has another lackluster feud. The only other mediocre match was the tag match, which I enjoyed somewhat during the second half. They just didn't have great chemistry tonight but there were some cool spots like that monster neckbreaker. What is the Murphy and Blake gimmick supposed to be? My wife was trying to make sense of them and mentioned their names sound like a boy and his dog, which is kind of how they seem actually.

The Owens and Zayn fight was really something else. I liked how dominant Owens looked throughout. One thing I didn't enjoy was the "doctor angle" with Zayn (assuming he wasn't actually out). WWE booked a similar situation with Zayn when he was feuding with Graves closer to his debut. For those like myself who remember this, it makes Zayn look particularly fragile, and I'm not a fan of that.

This was my concern, as well. They've already done the "fragile Sami" routine. i know he is an underdog character, but i would have liked to have seen a little bit of a twist on it considering they ran something similar last year. Otherwise, it was a great match and a pretty dominating performance from Owens.

Am i the only one who would be pumped for an Owens/Lesnar match? Not sure how well the two would mesh, but to me, Owens has that presence and persona that really reminds me of Lesnar.

I think Bayley impressed me more than anyone else tonight. I always thought she was decent but she brought it tonight.

tumblr_njmzp9Nq331saykaxo1_400.gif

This was so awesome. i'm not even sure what to call it. Double-team codebreaker? Anyways, i marked.

I didn't think there was any way Owens was walking out with the belt, but that ending was perfect for it.

The head-hitting spot was so well done, I didn't really see it as "fragile Sami."

I was legit worried about the dude's health for a minute, then I remembered that this is the same guy that took this:

tumblr_mf5elijfJA1qhjbxeo1_400.gif

Am i the only one who would be pumped for an Owens/Lesnar match? Not sure how well the two would mesh, but to me, Owens has that presence and persona that really reminds me of Lesnar.

I mentioned Owens vs. Wyatt last night to my buddy as we were watching. Thinking that they're two bigger guys that are pretty damn agile and quick. My buddy immediately said Lesnar and Owens would be crazy. They're certainly being billed similarly. How many power bombs did Owens hit last night? 5? It's no 17 German Suplexes, but it's still vicious. I think a match between those two would really be something to watch.