VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

MOTY: Punk/Taker. I was there and ultimately knew Punk wouldnt end the streak, but I was pulling for it.

POTY: Not too sure. I cant really think of too many that had me like WHOA. The Punk/Rock one was good but I just hate that it made Punk look like a bitch in the end losing to Rock the way he did. I still get pissed off at how fucking Hollywood the Rock looked selling that Shield beatdown and so cheesily saying that he'll finish the match. And then fucking winning. But the DB "You are not a wrestler" one on Cena was pretty sweet. 

TLC Predictions: 

Cena because he's Cena (although I can see a swerve happening. Title swap,etc...)

Big E because hes Ahmed Johnson 2.0

AJ because Dysel will help

Ziggler because he needs a win

The Shield because the numbers game

DB because I dont see both him and Punk losing in handicap matches. Dont know how itll end, but something will happen.

POTY: Not too sure. I cant really think of too many that had me like WHOA. The Punk/Rock one was good but I just hate that it made Punk look like a bitch in the end losing to Rock the way he did. I still get pissed off at how fucking Hollywood the Rock looked selling that Shield beatdown and so cheesily saying that he'll finish the match. And then fucking winning. But the DB "You are not a wrestler" one on Cena was pretty sweet. 

Yeah, i still am bitter about the whole Punk/Rock feud. It made Punk and the rest of the locker room look weak when a part-timer who hadn't wrestled regularly in almost 10 years came back and became the champion. Of course, the match you mentioned made Punk look weak, as well as being a terrible match. Rock just stayed on the canvas for most of the match. Whatever, it's just wrestling.

Punk/Lesnar is on Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iynrcLn3WuI

ok, ya I totally watched this. 

definitely a good match, especially after the initial Kimura, but I just wasn't engrossed into this feud. I SHOULD have been. It was the inevitable meeting of both of Paul Heyman's clients after almost two years of barely being mentioned in the same sentence. For some reason it didn't grab me.

Brock's best match back was his first match back against Cena. There was a piece of me that, after reading Brock's autobiography shortly before his WWE comeback, thought he totally came back just to make the WWE look like tools, and just for real beat the fucking bag out of John Cena. I was on the edge of my seat for the first couple minutes of that match. 

(obviously, thinking about it rationally, Lesnar would have been prosecuted on multiple charges and would have gone to jail, but again, I like to increase my BAC during PPVs)

ok, ya I totally watched this. 

definitely a good match, especially after the initial Kimura, but I just wasn't engrossed into this feud. I SHOULD have been. It was the inevitable meeting of both of Paul Heyman's clients after almost two years of barely being mentioned in the same sentence. For some reason it didn't grab me.

Brock's best match back was his first match back against Cena. There was a piece of me that, after reading Brock's autobiography shortly before his WWE comeback, thought he totally came back just to make the WWE look like tools, and just for real beat the fucking bag out of John Cena. I was on the edge of my seat for the first couple minutes of that match. 

(obviously, thinking about it rationally, Lesnar would have been prosecuted on multiple charges and would have gone to jail, but again, I like to increase my BAC during PPVs)

i (sort of) agree about the feud. i wish that there was more of a build and a follow-up, but that's the problem when you have a part time attraction like Lesnar. It's similar to how after such a brutal match with Cena, Lesnar went away and the two have not mentioned each other since. Great matches, but the "feuds" were not really emotionally engrossing. And then, of course, we got the terrible Punk vs. Heyman's lackeys feud that went on too long. i wish there would have been a rematch for both Punk and Cena.

i think the reason i loved Punk/Lesnar was the psychology Punk used, just refusing to give up even though he was physically over-matched against the Beast.

i (sort of) agree about the feud. i wish that there was more of a build and a follow-up, but that's the problem when you have a part time attraction like Lesnar. It's similar to how after such a brutal match with Cena, Lesnar went away and the two have not mentioned each other since. Great matches, but the "feuds" were not really emotionally engrossing. And then, of course, we got the terrible Punk vs. Heyman's lackeys feud that went on too long. i wish there would have been a rematch for both Punk and Cena.

i think the reason i loved Punk/Lesnar was the psychology Punk used, just refusing to give up even though he was physically over-matched against the Beast.

I agree with every word of this

I was in the audience for this match. The vibe in the crowd got really weird really quick, because it was like all of our "PLEASE KILL CENA" wishes were finally being answered in real life, but we had to watch it and realize that, hey, literally beating someone half to death isn't a super-enjoyable form of entertainment.

I was in the audience for this match. The vibe in the crowd got really weird really quick, because it was like all of our "PLEASE KILL CENA" wishes were finally being answered in real life, but we had to watch it and realize that, hey, literally beating someone half to death isn't a super-enjoyable form of entertainment.

Hahaha thats great.

Even watching that match at home was sort of uncomfortable. It was unlike any other match i've seen before. It was brutal but in a different way from, say, a Terry Funk or a CZW match.

Also I was just telling someone about how much I disliked Michael Hayes, and this book sheds new light on him that makes me think he sucks even more.

His getting Rosa Mendes drunk when she just got back from rehab this past year was fucking low. I don't are how great at producing matches he is it is time to fire him. He is a well known racist too.

Yeah. The thing I had read in the book was talking about him being put on leave for telling Mark Henry that he was "more of a nigger" than Mark Henry was, and mentioned that he had a history of racism beyond any in-ring antics. I didn't like him before just because he's always pushed for the lame muscleheads and been against more unique wrestlers like Mankind. I didn't even know he was an ass outside of business.

Just an FYI: All WWE DVD titles in FYE are BOGO, and a bunch of them are marked down significantly. The history of the IC championship 3xDVD set was $6.99, volume one of the Royal Rumble anthology was $9.99... Great deals to be had!

Yup picked vol 1 of rumble and vol 2 of summerslam. Sadly my summerslam 94 messes up on Bret/Owen and skips to taker/taker.

Yeah. The thing I had read in the book was talking about him being put on leave for telling Mark Henry that he was "more of a nigger" than Mark Henry was, and mentioned that he had a history of racism beyond any in-ring antics. I didn't like him before just because he's always pushed for the lame muscleheads and been against more unique wrestlers like Mankind. I didn't even know he was an ass outside of business.

The guy used to come out confederate flag gear in his prime. Guy was clearly a piece of shit bigot