VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

I'm not sure what the hold up is.  There wouldn't be any licensing problems since they own all the content.

I don't understand the hold up either. My only guess is perhaps more countries equates to a greater workload on the servers and they don't want to risk early problems with launch.

As for everyone who is anti-NAO...If this were a legit sport, yes two forty something year olds holding the championship of a given division would make no sense but this is not a legit sport and this is entertainment and moreover it is an entertainment business. The NAO have the belts because the network is launching in 3 weeks and a large part of the people who WWE is hoping to get to subscribe are fans from the attitude era. Having NAO and other attitude era acts in prominent roles on tv over the next few weeks is in direct effort to bridge the gap for those 'lost' fans and hopefully get them to buy the network.

I don't understand the hold up either. My only guess is perhaps more countries equates to a greater workload on the servers and they don't want to risk early problems with launch.

As for everyone who is anti-NAO...If this were a legit sport, yes two forty something year olds holding the championship of a given division would make no sense but this is not a legit sport and this is entertainment and moreover it is an entertainment business. The NAO have the belts because the network is launching in 3 weeks and a large part of the people who WWE is hoping to get to subscribe are fans from the attitude era. Having NAO and other attitude era acts in prominent roles on tv over the next few weeks is in direct effort to bridge the gap for those 'lost' fans and hopefully get them to buy the network.

I disagree. I honestly don't believe that anyone is pumped that they're back. Sure, I liked them back in that era. They could put on good matches back then. Now they are truly irrelevant and can't even come close to putting on a decent match.

Even if I fell out of love with wrestling and didn't watch it since the attitude era, If I heard that the NAO are back, I really don't think I would get excited to watch it again.

Just my opinion though

They get a decent pop when they come out to the ring.  There are enough people out there who will still buy tickets/shirts for them.

As for the Network, I was just talking to a buddy about it and he thinks it's due to the bandwidth the video service chews up.  Most people in the States have unlimited bandwidth internet packages (I'm assuming, correct me if I'm wrong) whereas in Canada we have caps that we would blow through very quickly using the video streaming service.

I would assume it would be about the same as UFC's Fight Pass and watching about 5 hours of fights (HD) eats up 10-15GB.

i know plans can change, but for the 'E to even consider that shows their mindset on Daniel Bryan. He will always be a B+ to them; i feel that was the most telling statement made in this whole storyline. i'd love to be wrong about that.

I can picture it. HHH has the ego the size of Texas plus as much as Bryan is over it is not equating to dollars. If people bought his merch in droves like Punk and Cena it might be a little different. Plus Bryan is a company man, he does what they tell him with a smile.

That's the thing, Bryan is over with live audiences, but doesn't draw money, and that is their goal at the end of the day. Of course, if they didn't have abortions such as the...thing below, i'd be more inclined to purchase some D Bry merch. The reason i have a CM Punk hoodie is because he rules and the hoodie is well-designed. i haven't seen a Bryan shirt i've liked yet.

W05964.jpg

he's also only had 3 legit shirts in his time. yes, no, beard. wouldn't even count the one he wore monday night..

compare that to the aforementioned cena and punk who seemed to roll out new ones quarterly.

he's also only had 3 legit shirts in his time. yes, no, beard. wouldn't even count the one he wore monday night..

compare that to the aforementioned cena and punk who seemed to roll out new ones quarterly.

He also had the ass-tastic "Everyone Taps" shirt which looked like you were getting a hug.daniel-bryan-everyone-taps-wwe-tshirt.jp