VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Yeah? Good call. I'll try that out after I finish Elimination chamber. Also, i saw you're looking for 45 rpm club 7". They just put both up for sale on the 45 rpm club site. You a member? 

Not a member. Heard they put the two up, but I can't access it. Hahah.

And I'd love to see Austin in a bigger role, but I'm not sure how he'd fit. Seeing him cross paths with Punk again would have been cool.

Do you guys think Austin is actually going to have an important role this weekend, or is he just going to pop in and say something like, "Austin 3:16 says Yes! Yes! Yes!"? It would be incredible if he reffed the Triple H/Bryan match. Also, does anyone think there is any chance of the battle royal coming down to Goldust and Cody? I'd be interested to see how that played out.

i don't know what Austin will be doing, but when that glass shatters, i'll mark.

The Rhodes situation you described would be interesting. They'd get 5-7 minutes of a 1 on 1 match like they wanted, and it would play off of this year's Rumble (didn't one eliminate the other?) i like it!

I would love to see Goldust vs. Cody. I really wish they would've taken that angle for this Mania, but Goldust has shown that he's still got some left in the tank before looking to retire. I'm not sure that either one of those guys would win the battle royal though. They've definitely been building up other guys for this match. But it is Mania, and anything can happen. I can't wait for a Goldust vs. Cody match though.

I posted previously I got a real good ticket for Mania. I'm debating about doing everything in the city this weekend. It's just so damn pricey. General admission tickets to Axxess are $50. I got tickets to Raw already comped because I'm taking participants from my work. Hall of Fame is something I want to do, but it seems like only $100 tickets are left. I might have to go by the arena and see if there's any cheaper ones available.

Jim Ross did a one-man talk tonight at the HOB here. It was my girl's birthday dinner so I couldn't go but that would've been cool.

Truthfully, there are so many non-WWE events happening this weekend in NOLA, it's a little crazy:

ROH show

Jim Ross one-man-show

Wrestlecon

Mid South Legends Fanfest

Kevin Nash is hosting a dinner Q&A with a bunch of old codgers.

ETC

I hear next year WWE might try to limit the amount of activities that can be booked around the time of WM. But, still, NOLA is a poor city. We're tourist/service industry driven and the cost of living doesn't compensate for the low salaries of professionals. So the reason Wrestlemania hasn't sold out isn't the card. Tickets went on sale last November before anybody knew anything. No WWE event sells out here before the day of. I'm a little surprised this hasn't. But I got my Row A tickets, seat 1 in 102R a week ago.

All that to say: I'm excited about seeing Hogan in person and seeing Undertaker beat Lesnar, even at his old age.

Access is totally worth it!

A french commentating team?

Or maybe they're bringing back the Annoymous GM?

That would be weird to have them bring the French team back after all these years. Ha. Have there been any Rougeau brother sightings in NOLA.

It would be weird to have hogan or the panel of experts out there all show