VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

That isnt always a bad thing, Austin, Rocky, Mankind, Taker were all larger than life characters that were cool or weird but never that great in the ring (Taker didnt start being able to really work a match until well after 2000). You need to have the balance between great characters and good workers.

I'm not sure that my argument here is going to make 100% sense but I'll give it a shot.

I definitely agree about having a balance and those guys you listed, and quite a few other all time greats, couldn't work in the ring as well as some other guys. But, there's a character progression in most of them that made them that way. Except for Mick Foley/Mankind/Cactus Jack/Dude Love who is just one of the best personalities in the business of all time, a lot of those guys progressed. Imagine seeing the Rock on Tough Enough as "Rocky Maivia." That would have never gotten over on TE, and it didn't get over as a face in WWF, but if someone like that gets voted off TE by the fans simply because their current look or gimmick isn't "cool" enough for the fans, then we might be robbed of the future greatness that they could become if the WWE progresses their character. I don't know a whole lot about Tough Enough. I'm not sure if the cast really has a gimmick to start, but I imagine they have to work on cutting promos during the show. Anyway, that's why I think it's risky to leave it up to the fans. As much as Vince talks about having the "it" factor then buries guys like Cesaro, I definitely think it's more important that Vince, Hunter, Albert, or whoever else is involved in the show have a larger say when searching for the next "superstar."

I see your point, but I would argue that they always knew Rocky would be a star, that is why he was pushed so hard when he debuted, he was just pushed in a shitty gimmick that had to be changed. I'd argue some more, but in the end it wont matter because TE is a joke. Hell the last winner never even got his contract. If

The last winner did get a contract and was in developmental but he fucked it up because he failed the wellness policy tests. Still, Matt Cross (Son of Havoc in LU and easily the best of the last season) was eliminated very early on and there were quite a few promising contestants (Ivelisse, Martin - who are also on LU) - but out of all people they signed (and kept) Cameron. So yeah.

Shit like Tough Enough or the Diva Search are much like the Voice or the X Factor. There can be exceptions (Miz, Ryback, Eve, Bellas) but people shouldn't really have high expectations or hope to see the "next big thing". Those are all in NXT right now.

I got to catch Finn balor in a dark match before smackdown last night.

Was super stoked when he came out. He got a decent pop too.

It's only been two weeks, but I can see that they're not messing around with Neville (cape and name shortening aside) so I hope Balor will make his main roster debut before the summer. He's been ready since Day 1 and would fit right in with his theatrics. Same goes for Charlotte, who can take AJ's spot.

Yeah. I figure if he's on the road at a dallas taping of smackdown that they are likely getting him ready for his main roster debut.

Zayn has been on the road with the main roster for AGES.

However, there was gossip of Finn getting a special contract that guaranteed he would only stay in developmental for X amount of days, so he is likely next.

Balor just did an interview where he was asked about getting called up to the main roster. He responded by saying most of the nxt talent consider nxt itself to be the main roster.

Zayn is injured. I wonder if him not getting to debut yet is if his small nagging injurys he's been getting keeping him down. Read when balor signed that there was a agreement that his stay in nxt would be short.

Nxt itself has become is own brand. Which is great for us but when it comes to certain talent that means they may never see the main roster

as long as wwe = sports entertainment and nxt = wrestling, i don't want him or 90% of that roster going anywhere

True but they'll all be called up (or demoted if you will) to the main roster sooner or later. It'd be cool if Bryan, Ziggler, etc. were all in NXT, feuding with Owens, Zayn and Breeze and having well-booked angles and matches, but unfortunately that's not the case.

That being said, it was nice to see the NXT Axxess matches. Neville-Itami was especially good. Itami's RTWM with backstage peeks was pretty cool. I like how they showed the GTS.

And Lucha Underground is fucking nuts. WWE spams the shit out of their replays even though they're barely needed, while LU has one blink-and-you-miss-it moment after another - and very few replays.

And Lucha Underground is fucking nuts. WWE spams the shit out of their replays even though they're barely needed, while LU has one blink-and-you-miss-it moment after another - and very few replays.

do you mean replays from earlier in the show, or replays during matches?

do you mean replays from earlier in the show, or replays during matches?

Both. LU shows recaps from the other week every now and then but never from early in the show. During matches, there are very few replays, if any, and the final moments barely get one either (they immediately move on to the next segment). Which is a bit of a shame but thanks to Tumblr gifs, it's not an issue for me. Plus, they only have an hour and make the best out of it.

Meanwhile, RAW shows the same scene god knows how many times in an hour because they don't expect their viewers to pay attention to their product. I'm cool with the replays during matches but sometimes, they take away from the present moment. Three hours and a huge roster and that's how they fill the show.

WWE needs to re-learn that less is more. Why tell us what's trending? Their fans are encouraged to be on Twitter anyway. The app and network already get enough attention without the commentators plugging them. And if you really want to see a segment more than once, there's YouTube.

They try so hard to be hip and modern but fail miserably. And instead of improving, they come up with excuses.

So I am having surgery next month on my foot and will be laid out for a month or so.  As a result, my question to all of you are what are some PPVs/matches that you would recommend off of the WWE Network?  I am thinking of trying to watch all of the Wrestlemanias in a row but was looking for some other suggestions.

Thanks everyone!

Amazing leak today!

WWE is in the middle of litigation against bootleggers at WM. Part of the lawsuit was unsealed today including the ENTIRE WWE SCHEDULE FOR THE NEXT CALENDAR YEAR!

http://indeedwrestling.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/wwe-schedule-april-2015-march-2016.html?m=1