VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Not to go off-topic here but has anyone seen Wrestle Kingdom 10? Holy fucking shit. Especially those three main events are some of the finest matches I've EVER seen. Fucking art.

Stayed up late/early to watch it. Wasn't let down at all.

There's some pretty big rumors that 4 NJPW guys are on their way to WWE.

in for the raffle

all i saw was the main event tonight. it was one of the dumbest segments i've seen all year, and i spent the whole time failing to make sense of anything.

but then vince ended the show by saying that the title is on the line in the rumble. and so far, every reaction i've seen is along the lines of 

giphy.gif

not me. i'm fucking down for it. because here's what i want.

fantasy booking babaaaayy!!

reigns is just gonna win the rumble. let's get that out of the way. 

but it doesn't have to suck. it could actually be the coolest shit we've ever seen in a rumble. where reigns and brock each enter in the top 12, and without ever getting their hands on each other, they separately wipe out the other 28 men. brock just tossed big e out, and now it's finally roman vs brock. give them another 15 minutes to just kick the ever loving shit out of each other. as long as the ending is clean, and nothing screwy goes down... fucking legendary, regardless of the winner. give that to roman to make him legitimately look strong. give brock the chance to get his title back at wrestlemania.

or let brock win the rumble, so that roman can win one that really matters. because i can't be alone in thinking that his current reign doesn't really count. he picked it up from a place holder while the writers went into panic mode. give it to him at wrestlemania- where a year later, i'm far more willing to recognize him as top tier talent.

or, again, don't... because i still want to see brock regarded as mostly invincible in this landscape.

in for the raffle

all i saw was the main event tonight. it was one of the dumbest segments i've seen all year, and i spent the whole time failing to make sense of anything.

but then vince ended the show by saying that the title is on the line in the rumble. and so far, every reaction i've seen is along the lines of

giphy.gif

not me. i'm fucking down for it. because here's what i want.

fantasy booking babaaaayy!!

reigns is just gonna win the rumble. let's get that out of the way.

but it doesn't have to suck. it could actually be the coolest shit we've ever seen in a rumble. where reigns and brock each enter in the top 12, and without ever getting their hands on each other, they separately wipe out the other 28 men. brock just tossed big e out, and now it's finally roman vs brock. give them another 15 minutes to just kick the ever loving shit out of each other. as long as the ending is clean, and nothing screwy goes down... fucking legendary, regardless of the winner. give that to roman to make him legitimately look strong. give brock the chance to get his title back at wrestlemania.

or let brock win the rumble, so that roman can win one that really matters. because i can't be alone in thinking that his current reign doesn't really count. he picked it up from a place holder while the writers went into panic mode. give it to him at wrestlemania- where a year later, i'm far more willing to recognize him as top tier talent.

or, again, don't... because i still want to see brock regarded as mostly invincible in this landscape.

My only problem is that this would give Reigns three title reigns in less a year and a half. No thanks

This has been confirmed

I just saw that. Holy crap, those are some of their biggest signings since KENTA and Joe. They better fix their damn product though, I couldn't bear to see even more of my favorite wrestlers used incorrectly.

I'm not sure how to feel about the Rumble being a big title match. I don't like the sound of Reigns winning two Rumbles in a year (don't make the fans turn on him again). Lesnar is the only other option but I can't see him holding the title for long, so yeah, that'd make Reigns a 3x World Champion already.

Owens was my dark horse but now I can only see two guys winning it. Can't say they made the Rumble worse though, it hasn't delivered since 2010.

Okay, there are some crazy rumours that - if those signings are legit -

the Bullet Club (consisting of Balor, Styles, Gallows and Anderson) could debut in the WWE/NXT. Also, Balor's been using a logo that basically copies the BC logo on his shirts and tron for months. At first I thought they just took advantage of a popular design but maybe there's more to it.

As unreal as that would be, seeing Nakamura in a WWE ring will be nuts.

Anyway, that new JOB squad is random as hell (even more so than the League of Nations) but oddly hilarious. At least it gives Slater, Axel, Rose and Bo something to do. And Jericho's return did absolutely nothing for me. I love him as much as the next guy but this is getting ridiculous - either stay or don't pretend your returns are "big surprises". At least he announced that he's in the Rumble this time lol.

I just saw that. Holy crap, those are some of their biggest signings since KENTA and Joe. They better fix their damn product though, I couldn't bear to see even more of my favorite wrestlers used incorrectly.

I'm not sure how to feel about the Rumble being a big title match. I don't like the sound of Reigns winning two Rumbles in a year (don't make the fans turn on him again). Lesnar is the only other option but I can't see him holding the title for long, so yeah, that'd make Reigns a 3x World Champion already.

Owens was my dark horse but now I can only see two guys winning it. Can't say they made the Rumble worse though, it hasn't delivered since 2010.

Reigns is defending the belt in the match — it's not like he's been stripped of it. So if he wins the Rumble, he just retained. It wouldn't be the start of a third championship run.

VC ROYAL RUMBLE ENTRANTS

1. ScottHeisel

2. ifworkpermits

3. Brock N Roll

4. Sterling Archer TacoKnight

5. marc32137 

6. permafaust

7. sirrichardrichard

8. Family Friendly Rap God

9. SmikeX13

10. Red Flag Ry

That's all who have expressed interest thus far, which means it would be a $100 prize and each person gets three numbers. If more people express interest, I'll add them to the overflow list below (and if we hit 15, I cap it off, everyone's in for a $150 prize and each person gets two numbers).

Reigns is defending the belt in the match — it's not like he's been stripped of it. So if he wins the Rumble, he just retained. It wouldn't be the start of a third championship run.

True. Also, I see this as more of an opportunity than anything. Granted, I know I'm hoping for the best here, but wouldn't it be great if the Authority used all their tools to get Roman Reigns out of the match, Reigns loses, becomes aggo-Reigns again and challenges Triple H at WM? Then we get a surprise new belt winner and an opportunity to showcase someone new (or Brock Lesnar), thus creating two matches at Mania...

But, lol fuck you Reigns wins the Rumble.

True. Also, I see this as more of an opportunity than anything. Granted, I know I'm hoping for the best here, but wouldn't it be great if the Authority used all their tools to get Roman Reigns out of the match, Reigns loses, becomes aggo-Reigns again and challenges Triple H at WM? Then we get a surprise new belt winner and an opportunity to showcase someone new (or Brock Lesnar), thus creating two matches at Mania...

But, lol fuck you Reigns wins the Rumble.

I dunno, I kind of think Triple H will enter the Rumble at 30 and beat Roman, leading up to a match at Wrestlemania 32 which allows Reigns to go in as challenger against a clear heel and win with the crowd on his side. I think there's a reason we haven't seen Trips on TV since Roman beat the shit out of him at TLC—it's so when he does show up at the Rumble, there is a bit of a surprise reaction there.

I dunno, I kind of think Triple H will enter the Rumble at 30 and beat Roman, leading up to a match at Wrestlemania 32 which allows Reigns to go in as challenger against a clear heel and win with the crowd on his side. I think there's a reason we haven't seen Trips on TV since Roman beat the shit out of him at TLC—it's so when he does show up at the Rumble, there is a bit of a surprise reaction there.

I hope for the same, but maybe he enters at #30, and eliminates himself and Reigns while someone else is still in the ring, giving us an unexpected winner and still a vengeful match between H and Reigns at WM. One can dream...

I know that but he'd still be a 2x Rumble winner - and if he loses, I'd be surprised if he won't regain the title at WM (which would then make him a 3x champ in three months). Granted, that's just numbers but if they want people to continue to support him, maybe showering him with accomplishments is not a good idea.

Of course, he could very well face HHH in a non-title match but the pessimist in me thinks he'll do that and face Brock for the title like Bryan did (as if he won't be in the main event). I'm more than fine with him being champ (and his match against Brock was good) but that'd be too much. The optimist in me hopes that Owens wins the Rumble/title and Lesnar invokes his rematch clause at WM, while Reigns faces HHH in a hard-hitting brawl.

Just watched a few matches from WK10. Damn, that was a great show from what I saw.

I'm hoping those rumors are true. I'd love to see the two big names mentioned in the report in WWE. That might help energize the product.

Also, I'm a fan of the Reigns defending the title in the Rumble angle. Hasn't been done in a while. It was cool to see Vince on Raw. That old man is still looking jacked, which is badass.