Drive Soundtrack?

I can't wait until July so that this thread can finally be put to rest. I love this soundtrack as much as the next guy but Mondo has turned this into a fanboys wet dream/nightmare.

Apparently your computer mouse just can't keep itself away from this thread and it's everyone else's problem?  There are hundreds of threads on VC everyday that I stay away from because their subjects don't interest me in the slightest.

Apparently your computer mouse just can't keep itself away from this thread and it's everyone else's problem?  There are hundreds of threads on VC everyday that I stay away from because their subjects don't interest me in the slightest.

This. It isn't a contest to keep all the Stars/Circles next to each thread grayed out.

This. It isn't a contest to keep all the Stars/Circles next to each thread grayed out.

I've literally only got 1 grayed out thread on page 1 currently (this one).  Goes to show how little I think of this board as a whole and why I don't even bother with most threads.  Just pick and choose the handful of threads I'd have an interest in and continue to go to those threads.

Apparently your computer mouse just can't keep itself away from this thread and it's everyone else's problem? There are hundreds of threads on VC everyday that I stay away from because their subjects don't interest me in the slightest.

Jeez dude, sounds like the red tide is in.

Not really, quit overreacting. Just guiding you with a little bit of logic, that's all.

The point I was trying to make in my initial post was the fact that Mondo's handling of this release has been a little shaky, especially the pic disc which lead to this thread turning into a novel. But hey, who doesn't like sifting thru 60+ pages for simple info?

The point I was trying to make in my initial post was the fact that Mondo's handling of this release has been a little shaky, especially the pic disc which lead to this thread turning into a novel. But hey, who doesn't like sifting thru 60+ pages for simple info?

I think I've posted all of the info on each and every page of this thread due to new people coming in repeatedly asking the same exact questions over and over again.  Haha.

I think I've posted all of the info on each and every page of this thread due to new people coming in repeatedly asking the same exact questions over and over again. Haha.

Again, this is my point. Why the fuck can't they just release the info so that I don't have to rely on some random guy giving me info on the interwebs? That is absolutely in no way a shot at you, just wish they'd put out public concrete info. I know Mondo is relatively new to vinyl but c'mon, this is semi-simple stuff.

Again, this is my point. Why the fuck can't they just release the info so that I don't have to rely on some random guy giving me info on the interwebs? That is absolutely in no way a shot at you, just wish they'd put out public concrete info. I know Mondo is relatively new to vinyl but c'mon, this is semi-simple stuff.

I think it is a conscious choice, having large quantities of Mondo stuff available hurts the brand they've built on scarcity. Just speculation, they said in an interview they didn't release numbers because they didn't think people cared. 

Relevant bit:

Well my next question about the records is: you’re very open about the addition sizes on posters, but as far as I know you guys haven’t released edition sizes on records.  Is that something you’re sort of holding back until it becomes a bigger thing and then you might start numbering them?

ISHMAEL: No, I don’t think we’re going to number records. 

I don’t mean number the records, I mean release like an edition size?

ISHMAEL: Oh yeah, I mean, we’re not going to reprint stuff, but there’s really no reason we haven’t done it.  I don’t know what we did, off the top of my head, but we’ll sit down and kind of say, “Okay, we’re going to do 2,000 records”, or something like that.  Then we’ll kind of slice that up into, “Okay, the record is going to get this many, we’re going to keep this many, we’re going to have this many for our archives or comps” or whatever.  I don’t think it’s a matter of like we’re hiding anything.  I just don’t really think it matters really as much as the poster thing.  It’s not like they’re signed by the artist or – I don’t think it’s we’re trying to super-push “these are super-limited, you got to buy them now” type of thing, which I don’t think we necessarily do with posters either, but it’s…I don’t know.  We’ve talked about it and we don’t think it’s like a super-necessary thing.  But I think like on Maniac it was like 500 or something, we had never done one so we were just kind of seeing what the market was like, and on The Beyond I think it was 800 or something, and Deadly Spawn was 1,000 or so, 1,500.  So yeah, it’s not like we’re doing 50,000 or something, I think it’s very conservative, the numbers we’re putting out there. 

A lot of companies don't release their pressing info.  Probably because they want people to buy the album because it sounds/looks good and not so that people hoard them just to add to their beanie baby collections and/or flip them on eBay.  Nearly all of the info stated on this thread has come from Mondo at some point.  I doubt you'll ever see pressing info come from them as well as how many limited color variants they're actually randomly throwing into these releases.  Seems to be what they want to do, and I've even asked them if they would consider changing the "randomly inserted color variants" deal but they respectfully declined (at least for the immediate future).

If you've got a problem or a question we cant answer here, shoot them an inquiry on their website.  I've given them a ton of feedback on some suggestions that I've personally thought of via those inquiries and they've gotten back to me within a day or 2, every single time.  I'd say as long as youre respectful and aren't being relatively critical over what they do, as well as provide some alternate methods/ideas to maybe curb a problem, they may more than likely take it into consideration.  They're a new business on the vinyl end, I'm sure they would consider ideas from anyone who has been in this game longer than they have that maybe has a better solution/business approach.

A lot of companies don't release their pressing info. Probably because they want people to buy the album because it sounds/looks good and not so that people hoard them just to add to their beanie baby collections and/or flip them on eBay. Nearly all of the info stated on this thread has come from Mondo at some point. I doubt you'll ever see pressing info come from them as well as how many limited color variants they're actually randomly throwing into these releases. Seems to be what they want to do, and I've even asked them if they would consider changing the "randomly inserted color variants" deal but they respectfully declined (at least for the immediate future).

If you've got a problem or a question we cant answer here, shoot them an inquiry on their website. I've given them a ton of feedback on some suggestions that I've personally thought of via those inquiries and they've gotten back to me within a day or 2, every single time. I'd say as long as youre respectful and aren't being relatively critical over what they do, as well as provide some alternate methods/ideas to maybe curb a problem, they may more than likely take it into consideration. They're a new business on the vinyl end, I'm sure they would consider ideas from anyone who has been in this game longer than they have that maybe has a better solution/business approach.

It's just nice to know pressing sizes because it helps the decision making process on what I should and shouldn't buy immediately. I buy a lot of records in store and online and as you well know, it's an expensive habit. We've stood outside of our local shops hours before RSD, stayed up for all hours waiting on a pre-order to start and risked everything trying to keep that "tour only" ep /1000 safe while you enjoy a concert. We have a greater sense of urgency when we know that something we really want could slip thru our grasps if we're not in the right place at the right time. I totally get the side of it where it sometimes seems more important to flippers but alas, I'm not a flipper, just someone who spends too much fucking money on molded wax and sometimes it's nice to know numbers as to give myself a lil buffer when I've blown my budget, it's only Wednesday and they're just about to release (insert album here) at midnight on (insert color here) limited to (insert press size here).