The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo

stokd

You're paying for Reznor/Ross's time that it took them to sign 3000 copies ;) I seriously wonder though how much cheaper it would be without the signatures?

I just want the records. I don't care about the razor blade necklace USB, don't care about the autographs. Just the LPs. $150 I would have jumped on immediately as I'm sure every one else would have also.

But I'll just save my money and patiently wait for The Fragile vinyl release that's been talked about for like 2 years now. I have the bootleg but the sound cuts out in one channel for a few seconds on We're In This Together which really annoys me and the vinyl is just crap. I want a nice 180g 3-4xLP mastered for vinyl copy. And I'm sure that thing would be $75-100.

Is it worth the $300 price tag?...The NIN/Trent Reznor fanboy in me says "Hell yeah!"...but the realistic money is tight Juan feels it could've been better at $150 or even $200 tops.

Definitely agree with this. Should've been around $200 I feel.

Also to you guys that don't have yours yet, I e-mailed Sandbag (ordered from UK site) around a week or two ago and bugged them asking about it. Maybe that helped me get mine sent out quicker?

Well, $381 later...

I'm surprised this is still available but happy I was able to order it! I wonder if the number I get will reveal how many have been sold?

Nope. So far from what I have been reading over at ETS and the NIN boards, people have been getting random #s. Nothing to do with what order they ordered. Mine is #2775 and I ordered the minute they went up.

Well, $381 later...

I'm surprised this is still available but happy I was able to order it! I wonder if the number I get will reveal how many have been sold?

Nope. So far from what I have been reading over at ETS and the NIN boards, people have been getting random #s. Nothing to do with what order they ordered. Mine is #2775 and I ordered the minute they went up.

Yeah, that makes sense. Shipping in order would probably require some pretty serious organization...

Well, $381 later...

#2862 for me. I'm actually not surprised at all it hasn't sold out seeing as how it's so expensive and it's not actual NIN. A lot of people seem put off by his solo stuff for some reason.

A lot of people seem put off by his solo stuff for some reason.

I'm not put off by the solo stuff, but to me the music serves a purpose during the film. I don't see how I can listen through all 4 of these LPs without clawing out my eyes from boredom...

(I'm sure this has been said but I just can't resist) It's a sweet package and limited edition record, but it's not anywhere near $300 sweet, and I would never ever listen to it. Ever. Why wouldn't I just watch the movie instead? And I wouldn't watch the movie anytime soon either, it's just too damn long and similar to the original. I feel 5+ hours of my life is enough spent on the Dragon Tattoo films.

I'm not put off by the solo stuff, but to me the music serves a purpose during the film. I don't see how I can listen through all 4 of these LPs without clawing out my eyes from boredom...

(I'm sure this has been said but I just can't resist) It's a sweet package and limited edition record, but it's not anywhere near $300 sweet, and I would never ever listen to it. Ever. Why wouldn't I just watch the movie instead? And I wouldn't watch the movie anytime soon either, it's just too damn long and similar to the original. I feel 5+ hours of my life is enough spent on the Dragon Tattoo films.

Its perfect for doing hw or working but in that case vinyl is hardly necessary and I wouldn't pay 300 for background music I can play from spotify

Agreed. I've probably said it elsewhere in this thread, but I can barely make it through the CD's.. 6 pieces of vinyl would be daunting. I heard the soundtrack 2 or 3 times before I finally saw the movie, where it works very well, but doubt I'll be listening again anytime soon. I have been a huge NIN fan for almost 20 years and enjoy most of what reznor does but have come to terms with the fact that it's ok not to like everything he touches. What I do appreciate is that he makes this deluxe option available for the hardcore, and the pre-ordered CD came with a free 320K download.

Agreed. I've probably said it elsewhere in this thread, but I can barely make it through the CD's.. 6 pieces of vinyl would be daunting. I heard the soundtrack 2 or 3 times before I finally saw the movie, where it works very well, but doubt I'll be listening again anytime soon. I have been a huge NIN fan for almost 20 years and enjoy most of what reznor does but have come to terms with the fact that it's ok not to like everything he touches. What I do appreciate is that he makes this deluxe option available for the hardcore, and the pre-ordered CD came with a free 320K download.

I completely understand where you guys are coming from, I was more thinking of the idiot NIN fans you see online saying it's completely shit just because it's different and telling Trent to go back to doing drugs so he can do "harder" music again.

Also I personally like the soundtracks as something to put on in the background when I'm doing something. Admittedly with 6 records for this thing it's a bit annoying to do that but I've been doing it with the mp3's of it (and TSN records) and enjoy it. Ghosts is better than both though as a general listening experience. And yes, $300 is ridiculous for this unless you're a NIN fanboy like me and Juan.

Trent Reznor could put out recordings of him playing Pong and Space Invaders and I'd still buy that shit. Yeah, I'm that much of a fanboy.

Same.

Oh and my baby finally came in the mail today and DAMN it was waaay heavier than I had anticipated. Only bumbed that their doesnt seem to be a place designated for the bagged chain to the razor blade necklace? How are you guys storing the chain?

[image]

[image]

Trent Reznor could put out recordings of him playing Pong and Space Invaders and I'd still buy that shit. Yeah, I'm that much of a fanboy.

Same.

Oh and my baby finally came in the mail today and DAMN it was waaay heavier than I had anticipated. Only bumbed that their doesnt seem to be a place designated for the bagged chain to the razor blade necklace? How are you guys storing the chain?

you store it around your neck, duh! ;)

got mine today, too. aside from looking out of place on my shelf, the thing is a beauty, and the best part is that it took long enough that I can almost forget I paid $300+ for it

and since no one has commented on it yet, the records sound great (thus far, anyway). planning on making my way through them all tonight while watching the swedish version (yes, I realize that seems kinda weird)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

So I woke up this morning and a box was sitting on my couch. We just moved and I didn't recognize the box so I went to open it up and to see what was packed inside and I was BLOWN away to find a brand new, unopened copy of TGWTDT inside! I called my wife immediately and she said that they were clearing out some of the miscellaneous inventory they had in their warehouse and she asked if she could take the score for me.

Wow I love my wife.

I've wanted this album since I first heard it but could never justify the $300+ to purchase it. I am SO excited right now! 

So I woke up this morning and a box was sitting on my couch. We just moved and I didn't recognize the box so I went to open it up and to see what was packed inside and I was BLOWN away to find a brand new, unopened copy of TGWTDT inside! I called my wife immediately and she said that they were clearing out some of the miscellaneous inventory they had in their warehouse and she asked if she could take the score for me.

Wow I love my wife.

I've wanted this album since I first heard it but could never justify the $300+ to purchase it. I am SO excited right now! 

I hate you.