how many records you rekken this'll hold?

If I remember right, this does not hold 12"s....I know they have a similar one in stores and the bin is like 10x10

well it has a height of 31, leading me to believe the cubbies are at least 14" tall.

also the first comment mentions purchasing it for storing vinyl records, and gave it a 5 star rating.

i'm just not smart enough to do the math on how many actual records i could stuff in this thing, and hopefully have some room to spare for my speakers inside one of the cubbies.

my collection is only 202 12"s (not including box sets) right now, if that helps, and my box sets take up about 8 inches of shelf space.

yeah i wanted an expedit, but shipping to a city without a store is crazy expensive, so i don't have a way of obtaining one right now, except for a few local companies i've found that actually drive to the nearest ikea for you, for a small additional fee.

i'm not up to making a 5 hour road trip for a shelf.

I saw this in Target last week and thought it looked really nice and woulda got it if i wasnt already using the Expidit setup. I like the backboard on it as well.

Its already been said but based on the Expidit the cubes look the same size. mine is the 2x2 and holds currently at least 200lps & 10"s as well as a 7" wide photo box for my 7"s and some dvds and still isnt full so you should be able to fit at least 300-400 if not more.

I think I post this every time someone mentions wanting an expedit but doesn't want to drive or pay the shipping costs but:

My nearest IKEA is about 3 hours away, so I've managed to buy 2 different sized expedits via craigslist and have scored them for cheaper than retail through IKEA without any shipping. A little patience pays off huge with that site.

I'm not saying that it's the only option for storage, but if you want one, you can get one on the cheap.

how much is the target unit? i live an hour away from a target so just wondering.

$80.

So if you have an ikea I'd go with expedit, but if you're in my situation, this looks like my the bet.

I googled this thing with "vinyl records" and found this to be recommended in another collection forum so I'm pretty sure records will indeed fit in it.

And like I said, if not, I can always return it.