how many records you rekken this'll hold?

got one, check it:

[image]

not MUCH more room. but i'm not complaining.

just gotta teach my kids the ol "hands off!"

here's a "before" picture incase you were wondering.

[image]

much happier with this set up.

it should only take about 20 minutes to build but i fucked up and put a few pieces on backwards so i had to tear it back down twice.

meh.

good times.

I buy these

http://www.amazon.com/Foremost-327806-Modular-Divided-Storage/dp/B000O1APF0/ref=pd_bxgy_hg_img_c

I fond that buying stackable when needed are a little more sturdy as you cant tip all of them and I dont have empty spaces

I current have 3 of these in each corner of the room with a single on top of it

So you're still happy with the durability, almightyseancore? Being in the IKEAless boat myself, this seems like a perfect route. The capacity and dimensions are also picture perfect for my collection and room, too. My only concern is that I've got a few friends who insist that Target furniture is rubbish. And if I'm going to entrust this thing with my vinyl library, it needs to be legitimate. At this point I'm just concerned about long term stability.

Also, does Target always offer free shipping on orders over $50? Or is this just a Christmas special?

Oh how I long for the day when all my records would fit in a 3x3 shelf like this.

What am I doing with my life?

this.

i should get one of these for the additional records i'll have if i ever move the floor records to the new Expedit i got a few months ago. procrastination rules. but then again, a 2x4 Expedit is $80 too i think.

Target also sells (or at least, sold) similar shelves called "itso" cubes or something. There's a bunch of different pieces that go together to build any custom shelving you want. I have a little 2x2 thing going with two individual units and a double-wide unit that is supposed to have a shelf in the middle of it (so it'd be two 6 or 7 inch high shelves) but I just left that out so it fits the records.

ah ive had my eye on this very piece for months. working at the mall, i end up in target pretty frequently. and id always see it and tell myself i should really save up for it.

this thread is certainly helping my case. very glad to see all the positive reviews.