Dan Andriano (alk3) / Mike Felumlee split 12"

[image]

www.artisticintegrityrecords.com

for the past six months, i've been working on getting everything ready for the first vinyl release on my new label, Artistic Integrity Records. it's the Mike Felumlee and Dan Andriano split ep that came out on cd back in 2002 on Mike's now defunct label Double Zero Records. this is the first time it has ever seen the vinyl treatment, and i'm super excited and proud to be a part of it.

for those of you that don't know, Dan is the bass player for Alkaline Trio, and has been a part of other bands such as Slapstick, Tuesday, The Falcon, and his own solo project Dan Andriano In The Emergency Room. Mike was the drummer for Alkaline Trio from 1999-2001, and has also been in the Smoking Popes, Duvall, and has a solo career of his own under his name.

totally new artwork was created for this project by Eric J. Cockrell, although there are plenty of nods to the original release. for the first time ever, there are complete (and accurate) lyrics included with the album. there's tons of great stuff that will be included in the digital download code, as well: a full acoustic set from Dan, an updated version of "Something Better" that Mike re-recorded in his home studio this past year, and a 28-page digital "CD booklet" full of photos from the time the album was written/recorded.

everything is going to be hand-numbered out of the 1,000 copies pressed. they play at 45 rpm.

[image]

0001 - 0333 will be on navy blue marble vinyl

[image]

0334 - 1000 will be on black vinyl

[image]

for the completists out there, there are also 17 test pressings that exist, each with an incredible die-cut cover made by Grant Kersey. if you're interested in grabbing one, shoot me an e-mail ([email protected]) and we can try to work something out.

the release date is going to be new year's day, 1.1.12. they will be available from my website www.artisticintegrityrecords.com for $11 each (plus shipping). full pressing information and other details are up on the site. there's also photo galleries and information about my upcoming releases.

i've already got AIR-002 and AIR-003 in the works, as well. AIR-002 is a split 7". it will feature two songs by The Ambulance Review (from Fredericksburg, Virginia) on one side, and three songs by Devon Kay & The Solutions (from Chicago) on the other. the tentative release date for that is going to be April 4, 2012.

AIR-003 is a 12" full length. it will feature 4 songs (although nearly 42 minutes of music) by An Aesthetic Anaesthetic, who is another Chicago band. the album is going to be produced by Sanford Parker, who did Pelican's debut album in 2001 and has become one of the biggest metal/experimental/post-rock producers in the industry since. the release date for this one is slated for July 7, 2012.

in the meantime, you can also "Like" my label's page on facebook to stay updated:

http://www.facebook.com/artisticintegrityrecords

thanks to everybody for your interest and support so far. hope your holidays were great, and 2011 is going to finish with a bang for you. 2012 is already looking to be off to a great start...

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thank you so much for the support and for your excitement, everybody. it's really awesome to know that some of you guys are as thrilled about this release finally be on vinyl as i am.

I'm very impressed, especially with all the additional things included with the download. I will definitely be ordering.

Is the digital download an instant email kind of thing, or a paper slip with the record?

for those who order the vinyl, it'll be a paper slip with the record.

but, since you can order JUST the download code from the website, if that's the route you'd choose, that would just be an e-mail. it wouldn't be instant, since i have to go through and process everything, but it should be within a day or two.