Dan Andriano (alk3) / Mike Felumlee split 12"

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got #106 today. Amazing production through and through and digging the expanded download. Sounds amazing too.

I think my Dan Andriano side is pressed a little off-center though. It's not super noticeable but at some points I can hear the pitch shift.

**EDIT** I am stupid and hadn't used the strobe light to calibrate my speed. After fixing it, it sounded amazing!

I'm digging Mike's side quite a bit more than Dan's so far.

Can I just say the only reason I originally bought this way back in the day when it was first released for the Dan Andriano stuff, but I always found myself only listening to the Mike Felumlee stuff.

I love this record though both sides are great

okay, first of all, thank you so much everybody for all the orders and all the support. it's been quite a crazy past 2 weeks in terms of sales, and i'm really excited about the response everybody has had so far.

second of all, i have to apologize for my lack of communication this past week. 5 days ago, my computer completely crashed. i lost everything pretty much, including spreadsheets detailing who had paid, whose records i had shipped, etc... couple that with a 6-inch snow storm, having to go to shows, working 3 jobs, and my grandma going to the emergency room and almost dying because their caregiver accidentally switched my grandma and grandpa's pills, it's been a pretty crazy week.

over the past 24 hours, i've gone through my paypal records and email accounts trying to recreate everything and get back on track. i think i'm back to where i was before everything happened, and within the next day or two, i plan on having every international order shipped out. all US orders that had been made before the 14th shipped out either that date or before it. every order since then, again, i'm trying to have shipped out by tomorrow.

on a similar note, does anybody know what it means when your computer does this:

[image]

it can't be good, right? right now i'm at my parents' house because i knew i needed to let you guys know what has been going on, and keep everybody in the loop. i'm trying to get my old computer fixed and back to normal, but it's proving to be much more difficult than anything i know how to deal with. cross your fingers for me.

these are now available at Interpunk, ShopRadioCast, and Banquet (UK), but they only have black copies, and all of them are selling them for more than my site. of course, if you're overseas, Banquet may save you on some shipping costs, though.

okay, on to some of the questions/comments raised in the thread so far:

I think my Dan Andriano side is pressed a little off-center though. It's not super noticeable but at some points I can hear the pitch shift.

this is super odd. is anybody else having this problem at all?? this is the only instance i've heard of anybody having an issue with it. in fact, everything i've heard so far from everybody has been super positive, and that their copies sound amazing. if the problem persists, let me know. hopefully, though, it was just a weird thing happening with your turntable.

Grant Kersey (gkersey) made [the test pressing jackets]. They look incredible!

yes he did, and yes they do. grant did an absolutely incredible job on these. a ton of hard work went into them, and i'm so proud to have been able to work with him on this project. grant and i are going to work together for all of AIR's releases moving forward, as well.

unfortunately, all of the tests for AIR-001 are spoken for at this point. if anybody who has claimed one decides they don't want it after all, i'll get in touch with those of you who have expressed interest since. but most of them have already been paid for and sent out to those who weren't getting them for free because they helped with the project.

I got 56, in honor of Jordan scoring 56 vs the 76ers March 24, 1987.

winner.

grant did an absolutely incredible job on these. a ton of hard work went into them, and i'm so proud to have been able to work with him on this project. grant and i are going to work together for all of AIR's releases moving forward, as well.

Thanks for the kind words, to everyone that has said something... seriously. It's awesome to hear this stuff considering how much time went into them - glad you all are digging them. I'm always looking for other projects like this, so if you got something, let me know.