THRICE-TAITA2xLP repress RED vinyl pics

Um...open it?

The green ones all had the pixelated cover. The red copies had the fixed covers. Even on the red one the picture isnt the most crisp image Ive ever seen but its MUCH better than the green vinyl press.

true, just got mine in! looks way better.

i think reason for it being pixelated the first time around was because it was zoomed in, if you compare copies you can tell from the light post up top.

the text was really pixelated as well though

I got mine. First let me say I really applaud and appreciate Travis going back and fixing the album art. It looks much better.

But when i held the records and put it on the player they felt really thin and light. Not as heavy and thick as the green pressing.

Also I got two copies. And record one on both seemed to be even lighter and have some more waves/warp to it on both copies.

I chose the best set of each new red copy to keep. The other reds are my rejects and will be combined with my green cover and gifted.

So I decided to bust out the gram scale after choosing the reds I like. Below are my findings.

GREEN:

RECORD ONE = 143.7 grams

RECORD TWO = 157.6 grams

RED: KEEP COPY

RECORD ONE = 129.9 grams

RECORD TWO = 137.8 grams

RED: REJECT COPY

RECORD ONE = 124.3 grams

RECORD TWO = 131.7 grams

So my assumption was right. And also interesting in that each selected red copy for keeps was heavier than the rejects. And yes I mixed and match one record from each copy meaning I have record one from one copy and record two from the other. And I chose blind based on appearance on platter not weight.

I also then decided to get out the Vheissu pressing as I remember it being a good weight and less waves than this new red pressing.

VHEISSU

RECORD ONE = 138.8 grams

RECORD TWO = 139 grams

I think this data and my choosing the records blind based on how well they sit flush against the platter without any waves should back up that heavier pressings could indeed improve the overall quality of the record.

TRAVIS: I know it is up to you. But any chance of doing a 180 gram pressing of Artist? Maybe a limited run of 500 for us crazy kids who will pay extra for it? I know you deal with a lot of requests, some valid, some stupid. Thanks for reading this if you did.

The reason is because this is my personal favorite album of Thrice. I would love a copy on 180 gram. But again totally up to you and this is just my silly preference.

But any case. The data is interesting.

So my conclusion: Although I like the new cover on the red pressing I like the fact that my green copies are more flush to the platter with less wave. So buying that extra and swapping covers was a good move.

I should invest in a weight or clamp! yes yes I know.

Sorry about the long post guys.

I grabbed a 2nd copy to get the discount, so if anybody didn't get one I have an extra.

I'm hoping to trade it for something like either Glassjaw record or Dustin's solo Please Come Home. Variant doesn't matter. I'm pretty new to collecting so I'm guessing this is equal "value."

W&T on white (sealed) if you're down.