Lucero - Women and Work

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw them last night here in Louisville. They had this record there with them, and of course played a few songs from it. It really fit what they did with Overton, at least the songs they played did. I wasn't in a position to be able to buy the vinyl just yet. It took a little bit to get used to Overton, but I eventually started digging it. I think this album will be pretty much the same. They also had Ben's solo album there, with a piece of paper next to it saying "Just released on vinyl", so I guess it's been repressed. And there was a very large sticker with an old school tattoo design on it for $5. I can only assume this is the same one from the preorder bundle. Very cool looking.

Really glad that I bought my ticket before all this lawsuit shit went down. Two of my favorite artists and it was my first time seeing either. Great fucking show.

Edited to fix some grammer and spelling errors.

Saw them last night here in Louisville. They had this record there with them, and of course played a few songs from it. It really fit what they did with Overton, at least the songs they played did. I was in a position to be able to buy the vinyl just yet. It took a little bit to get used to Overton, but I eventually started digging it. I think this album with be pretty much the same. They also had Ben's solo album there, with a piece of paper next to saying "Just released on vinyl", so I guess it's been repressed. And there was a very large sticker with an old school tattoo design on it for $5. I can only assume this is the same one from the preorder bundle. Very cool looking.

Really glad that I bought my ticket before all this lawsuit shit went down. Two of my favorite artists and it was my first time either. Great fucking show.

I was there last night too...hell of a show. Super pumped about getting the new record as well!

Lawsuit?

I suppose I should clarify...

It has nothing to do with them. I was in a wreck in 2006 in which I fell asleep coming home from work, ran a red light, and hit a minivan in it's driver's side B Post at about 50mph. I'd been worried about being sued over it ever since, and I finally was last year. My address had changed since then, so I never knew of this until the state DOT sent me a letter stating that my Driver's License was suspended for "Unsatisfied Civil Judgement". I basically had to settle the lawsuit before I could get my license reinstated. Can't exactly work on an ambulance if you can't legally drive, so I've been off work without pay since Feb 3rd. It's the reason behind my for sale thread. I had bought my ticket before finding out about the lawsuit, or else I wouldn't have been able to go. On a postive note, my license was reinstated this past Wed, I start back to work on Sunday, and it's a huge relief to not have this hanging over my head anymore. Really glad that it's over.

• 3 weeks later...
Just picked this up w/ the live 7". About 4 tracks in right now. Not really feeling it.

edit: And they had at least 1 more live 7" @ Fingerprints in Long Beach, CA. LP (includes CD) is priced $16.99. CD is $11.99. You can get the 7" w/ either. The 7" includes a d/l code also.

Anyone wanna pick one up for me? Can PayPal ASAP

Just picked this up w/ the live 7". About 4 tracks in right now. Not really feeling it.

edit: And they had at least 1 more live 7" @ Fingerprints in Long Beach, CA. LP (includes CD) is priced $16.99. CD is $11.99. You can get the 7" w/ either. The 7" includes a d/l code also.

I can't make it there today, but I can probably go tomorrow. I just realized I might have grabbed the last LP though. So anyone going to Fingerprints looking for the LP & 7" should probably call first.

I can't make it there today, but I can probably go tomorrow. I just realized I might have grabbed the last LP though. So anyone going to Fingerprints looking for the LP & 7" should probably call first.

I'm really just looking for the 7". If anyone is interested in selling, send me a PM.

I found a few on eBay. Sucks that the b side is 6's and 7's. That's the ONE Lucero song I skip every time it comes on.