PO: Damien Jurado Maraqopa LP + 3 7" bundle

EDIT: All copies of SC will come with one of three random 7"s featuring songs recorded for the album but not used. there is a $30 bundle that included the LP, CD, poster, and all three 7"s.

http://scdistribution.com/DamienJurado/

Today Marqopa is available for purchase at SC Distribution. We have three bundles described in detail below, and all come with an instant download with your order.

Several great songs from the Maraqopa sessions did not fit on to the album, so Secretly Canadian is releasing six of them via special 7″s that will come with pre-orders of the record. 7″s will be randomly inserted into the regular edition bundles, but the deluxe edition will include all three 7″s. What songs you receive will be a surprise, unless you decide to buy them all!

Blue 7″ “Wyoming Songbirds” / “Ghost of David (The Return)”

Red 7″ “Clouds Beyond” / “Let Us All In”

Yellow 7″ “Diamond Sea” / “Pentagrams”

[image]

Just in case anyone is curious. I emailed Secretly Canadian and asked about green. It's all gone:

Hi Jeff,

We're at over 300! We actually busted through the green zone on the very first day of the pre-order period.

It is totally hotcakes-town around here.

Sorry about that! It still sounds good on black, I swear!

Cheers,

Betsey

hmmm I think I ordered on the first day but later in the night, i wonder if I'll get one. Not a big deal I wanted the 7" more then the colored vinyl.

It would be nice if they removed the 150 orders get green when they reach the 150 orders though.

If you get the green, I'll trade you for the black and something else in your favor.

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone from Portland sees this:

[email protected]

Damien Jurado In-Store / The Skabbs: Idle threat Pre-Order / New Releases

Date: Fri, Feb 17, 2012 5:05 pm

Newsletter 1

3574 SE Hawthorne Blvd Portland, OR 97214 and 203 SW 9th Ave Portland, OR 97205

Damien Jurado Performing In-Store Wednesday, Feb. 22! Psych night image

Jackpot Records is proud to welcome Seattle sonic folk master Damien Jurado, for a special FREE/ALL AGES in-store performance celebrating the release of his eleventh studio album, "Maraqopa" available Feb. 21.

Please join us at the Hawthorne store Wednesday, February 22nd at 6pm, for an intimate acoustic set from this acclaimed singer-songwriter.

"Maraqopa" is Damien Jurado's second collaboration with Portland producer/multi-instrumentalist Richard Swift, having worked together with him on 2010's excellent, "Saint Bartlett."

Limited edition, green vinyl versions of the new album will be available for purchase day of show. Thank you Secretly Canadian.

damienjurado.com

Listen to this haunting track from "Maraqopa," 'Life Away From The Garden'