Thrice - The Alchemy Index

people can avoid looking stupid with the whole "vinyl" thing by just calling them what they actually are, records. "vinyl" is pretty bad but "vinyl's" is even worse. might be the first time i saw that one. what does vinyl hold ownership of and what is the conjunction you would possibly be trying to make?

Vinyl is or vinyl has. Like "vinyl's a format that's been around for some time now."

Or "Vinyl's become a major format again in recent years."

Chew on that! ;)

people can avoid looking stupid with the whole "vinyl" thing by just calling them what they actually are, records. "vinyl" is pretty bad but "vinyl's" is even worse. might be the first time i saw that one. what does vinyl hold ownership of and what is the conjunction you would possibly be trying to make?

but they really are vinyl since that's what they are made of. records are things you store in filing cabinets ;)

as for the vinyl being black at this point is a guess

So what exactly are you supposed to hear on the defect? I listened to moving mountains on the copy I bought from hot topic and it sounded fine.

I obviously haven't listened to the defective one since I got this, but I think if you get past the first verse then you don't have a defective copy. I remember opening my preorder and being PISSED that something was wrong with my Earth. I felt a little better when I found out it happened to everyone.

So what exactly are you supposed to hear on the defect? I listened to moving mountains on the copy I bought from hot topic and it sounded fine.

I obviously haven't listened to the defective one since I got this, but I think if you get past the first verse then you don't have a defective copy. I remember opening my preorder and being PISSED that something was wrong with my Earth. I felt a little better when I found out it happened to everyone.

yeah it's definitely towards the beginning of the track. i remember being pretty pissed as well especially after all the delays that release saw but once i knew it was going to be taken care of i was happier

seems like every time someone here helps someone out, sometimes even going out of their way to do so, there is some dick lurking here who exploits it and uses it to their advantage. a lot of times ruining it for all the honorable people out there in the process

this is case in point. but other notable instances are when people alert others when they find a record for retail price, long OOP or rare record at some distro that goes for mucho bucks on ebay. said record goes out of stock almost immediately at said distro then within a week 5 or more copies suddenly pop up on ebay.

I wish this forum had a place for this kind of thing that you could only view if you had a certain amount of posts, as most regular posters here are honest

pretty sure proboards can be set up like this. make it so there is a minimum post count to create threads, view certain forums and threads, etc. iwish it was done here. if the post count was high enough it would keep a good amount of trolls out. but when you think about it it might open pandoras box with people spamming away to reach the post count.

I wish this forum had a place for this kind of thing that you could only view if you had a certain amount of posts, as most regular posters here are honest

pretty sure proboards can be set up like this. make it so there is a minimum post count to create threads, view certain forums and threads, etc. iwish it was done here. if the post count was high enough it would keep a good amount of trolls out. but when you think about it it might open pandoras box with people spamming away to reach the post count.

yeah thats true. If it's high enough though, a lot of people wouldn't even bother. I put up an ebay link to some cheap Illusion of Safeties on eBay but it looks like someone who wanted to flip them bought both. That being said, someone on this board with only a few posts sold me a mwy Brother, Sister on Green /25 at cost because he didn't listen to it, and could have gotten way more. So it would kinda suck to leave people out who do good things like that but don't have many posts.

something that just crossed my mind is that this person could be selling the defective disc with the locked groove, knowing full well it's fucked up and won't play. if that's the case that person is an even bigger asshole.

something that just crossed my mind is that this person could be selling the defective disc with the locked groove, knowing full well it's fucked up and won't play. if that's the case that person is an even bigger asshole.

Buyer could merely say the item wasn't as described and get a refund, no?