Shit on bands here

I grew up in the Nineties (elemetery/middle school/and early high school graduated in '01)....i hated it, I didn't find "Punk" music until like 8th grade year, by accident...all I knew was MTV, and I hated everything except for Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, and Bush....in retrospect, now that I know there was really rad shit happening in the 90's, I just didn't know about it until afterwards. Make fun all you want, but accidentally catching Blink-182 perform "Damnit" on MTV's Oddville one night at like 2 in the morning opened me up to a ton of music....one of my buddies had made me listen to like Blanks 77 and a few other punk bands on a school trip and it was just too much at that time, finding a middle ground band to break me into (what I deam as) decent music was like opening up pandora's box....i started grabbing everything from that guy, and using all of my families AOL minutes (yeah....AOL minutes) researching more about this music I didn't know existed, but had been going on since before I existed.

and seriously, I know nobody on this board (or at maximum...veeeery few of you dig this)....jam-bands like Dave Matthews Band, Phish, String Cheese Incident, M.O.E., O.A.R., Widespread Panic....What...The....Fuck....how is that enjoyable for anybody? I don't want to pay money to watch a professional band practice on stage in front of people, play the song and let it be....I'm all for some improv jazz, but this is like, they know exactly what they're going to play, it seems rehearsed and I guess the audience is too fucked up on whatever new drug the kids enjoy to realize they've been watching this show for 2+ hours, but the band only played 3 fucking songs....again, talented musicians, don't understand the music

i had that same blink 182 moment in high school. except it was watching dashboard unplugged at 2 am. go ahead and lol at DC, but that alone was what really started opening me up to new things lke nfg, get up kids, saves the day.. and got me to stray from shit like staind. because like you, i was probably 15 or 16 and simply didnt know better yet.

as for phish dave oar... agreed on every single account.

the guy whose house i live in is one of those people who cant miss one of these shows. there are phish posters on every wall of the house, he downloads bootlegs of every show the next morning, and goes to every show thats within a 4 state radius.

and it blows my fucking mind. he doesnt even take part in any recreational drugs, so i cant even fathom where the fun part is.

its especially tough when hes got "such an appreciation for music", but for all the stuff ive exposed people to in this house, ive never heard him play anything other than dave, phish, or pandoras jacks mannequin radio.

ive ranted too much. someone take over on jacks mannequin and something corporate for me..

Gonna agree with Blink 182. They do have a few catchy songs but I don't understand why everyone shits themselves over them and I CERTAINLY don't get why everyone flipped their shit over Travis Barker. There's so many drummers better than him, I couldn't give a flying fuck about him.

Also hey. You guys forgot someone.

[image]

Gonna agree with Blink 182. They do have a few catchy songs but I don't understand why everyone shits themselves over them and I CERTAINLY don't get why everyone flipped their shit over Travis Barker. There's so many drummers better than him, I couldn't give a flying fuck about him.

[image]

honestly, Travis Barker ruined Blink-182, they need Scott back...that's another story

I don't know who that band is, but they look amazing...all SEVEN of them, what the fuck do they all play?? dedicated triangle and glock players??? not with those haircuts i presume

Imagine a bunch of stupid scene kids tripping out at a show where both The Medic Droid and Psyopus are playing and then think to themselves "boy this would all sound great combined with a few breakdowns".

Boom.

Speaking of. Fuck The Medic Droid. And Blood On The Dance Floor. God DAMN fuck them.

ive ranted too much. someone take over on jacks mannequin and something corporate for me..

I made fun of that guy/those bands so much to one of my friends (a girl) that she actually punched me in the face over it, got legitimately mad, and punched me in the face....I don't care that the guy had/has cancer, that doesn't make his voice any less annoying or make him a better song-writer/music arranger...I'm sorry, but it doesn't.

when I was a depressed piece of shit having panic attacks all the time, nobody cared the reason why I smelled horrible, they just said, "Dude, take a fucking shower..." no excuses for such awful music, if I have to fucking shower, that guy has to quit making music

Wavves and Best Coast. I want to smack their heads together and watch them bleed. How many times do they feel the need to drop the fact that they are "stoners" and smoke the "calidank"? Not to mention that their music blows. Fucking wankers.

Also, fuck Brand New. I have no idea why people like them but whatever. I guess they are a lot better than all of the other pop-punk bands that I have heard. Still ball gargling status though.

Wavves and Best Coast. I want to smack their heads together and watch them bleed. How many times do they feel the need to drop the fact that they are "stoners" and smoke the "calidank"? Not to mention that their music blows. Fucking wankers.

Also, fuck Brand New. I have no idea why people like them but whatever. I guess they are a lot better than all of the other pop-punk bands that I have heard. Still ball gargling status though.

its a good thing i know better than to take this post personally!

cossentino on the new best coast record: "I need to figure out a way to get people to stop thinking of me as the 'stoner, cat loving' girl,"

seems you already have a sour taste in your mouth, but it sounds like theyre taking a much more mature direction with this release. better production, smarter writing, etc.

its a good thing i know better than to take this post personally!

cossentino on the new best coast record: "I need to figure out a way to get people to stop thinking of me as the 'stoner, cat loving' girl,"

seems you already have a sour taste in your mouth, but it sounds like theyre taking a much more mature direction with this release. better production, smarter writing, etc.

I definitely don't actually hate her. On the other hand, I hope that the Wavves dude drops off the face of the earth.

Imagine a bunch of stupid scene kids tripping out at a show where both The Medic Droid and Psyopus are playing and then think to themselves "boy this would all sound great combined with a few breakdowns".

Boom.

Speaking of. Fuck The Medic Droid. And Blood On The Dance Floor. God DAMN fuck them.

feel free to make fun of me (as that's what this thread if for), but I have no clue who the hell any of those bands are...literally never even heard OF them before

The music isn't as bad as it is just looking at him. Combine them together and I feel like strangling someone. Young the Giant, Portugual. The Man and Foster the People are all really pissing me off too. I hardly ever try to listen to the radio, but when I do, one of those bands is playing. It is the same re-hashed indie crap that has been around since Death Cab For Cutie.

Speaking of which, f Death Scabs. They are so generic it pains me to listen to them.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':amz5urh9]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':amz5urh9]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

Portugal. The Man are better than the other two bands that I mentioned, but they still piss me the hell off. I most likely just relate them together because of the names and the fact that they all play in a row.

feel free to make fun of me (as that's what this thread if for), but I have no clue who the hell any of those bands are...literally never even heard OF them before

No dude, it's a good thing that you don't know about them. I wish I didn't. Other than Psyopus I guess. Their guitarist is pretty cool.

[image]

This is the singer for The Medic Droid.

[image]

This is BOTDF. I will leave it to your imagination to speculate how terrible they are.

thrice.

ill start off by giving them credit for artist/ambulance being a decent record. and credit for the ambition of doing alchemy.

but thats all.

theres no reason for them to get the kind of attention they do around here.

[image]

I don't know who that band is, but they look amazing...all SEVEN of them, what the fuck do they all play?? dedicated triangle and glock players??? not with those haircuts i presume

Pretty sure that's there's only 4 band members - they just chose to include 3 of their girlfriends as well.

There is so much hate in here. It makes me LOL.

Also, I'm so mad cause you guys are bagging on a lot of bands I like. I legitimately feel like crying... damn it!

I feel like I need to contribute:

BANE - I've tried listening... I get so bored with it.

Blink 182 - I've never understood why everyone loves them. I liked a couple songs from Dude Ranch, and a couple from Cheshire Cat, but that is it.

thrice.

ill start off by giving them credit for artist/ambulance being a decent record. and credit for the ambition of doing alchemy.

but thats all.

theres no reason for them to get the kind of attention they do around here.

I forgot about them. I dont even get all the love for Artist... People are on their dick like they invented music. Saw them live too and it was boring as hell. Dustin's solo album was ok, but christ, the love is waaaay more than they deserve. Save it for Janes Addiction or something.