Shit on bands here

bon jovi....more like bon asshole!!

am i doing this right?

Your getting close, the appropriate way is this:

Bon Iver.... more like Bon Pretentious Douchebag

oh fuck off. even if you dont like it, you cant deny the musicianship

watch a live video of the full band. even from last weeks snl. its amazing how many elements come together to create whats no less than completely inoffensive music that also happens to be pretty damn good

watch a live video of the full band. even from last weeks snl. its amazing how many elements come together to create whats no less than completely inoffensive music that also happens to be pretty damn good

I have never seen anything so bad (at least out of stuff that people actually take seriously). They are just another crappy nü-folk coffee shop band that will fade away once being an acoustic guitar playing mountain man isn't cool anymore. I would really rather listen to a whole Mumford and Sons album than a single Bon Iver song. At least they are switching the formula up slightly.

Nick Drake was awesome. Add forty years to that and you get Bon Iver. What in the fuck? Do something different. I am going to grow a beard and start wearing flannel so that I can finger pick guitar insanely quiet as I whisper and become a famous indie star.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':dukepyun]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':dukepyun]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

bon jovi....more like bon asshole!!

am i doing this right?

yes.....more of this....less bickering

my mom is the hugest Bon Jovi fan ever created....she has his fucking leather pants from the 80's tours....she flew to Giant's stadium the first time they played there, was like president of the fan club back in the day....it's been Bon fucking Jovi my entire fucking life...much more Bon Asshole....much less Bon bickering over your reasoning why Bon Iver is relevent...this is make fun of bands, not defend your favorite band that somebody made fun of in a making fun of bands thread, keep it lite and don't get bent out of shape when somebody steps on your toes

Bon Iver......don't hate it, but also don't get all the hype...if you want us to hear about your broken little heart...then SPEAK THE FUCK UP

additionally

Armor for (put me to) Sleep.....how the shit did anybody ever give two (or even one) flying fuck about these guys...again, are we hearing the same voice here???...and the same lack of musicianship??? what redeeming quality did these guys have, kids used to lose their shit just thinking about that guy's tone-deaf voice....don't get it

Your getting close, the appropriate way is this:

Bon Iver.... more like Bon Pretentious Douchebag

oh fuck off. even if you dont like it, you cant deny the musicianship

Wait, so you are getting worked up in a thread that is called "Make fun of bands here"? Like you didnt think there was a chance that a band you like would be made fun of?

Also, I never denied the "musicianship" of him, just called him a prententious douchebag. Im pretty sure you can be a talented musician and still be a fucking prick. Billy Joel comes to mind pretty quickly on that front. On top of that, I never said I didnt like it. I actually really enjoy For Emma, and Blood Bank's title song. The S/T album I cant really get into too much, but there are some good moments. I still think the dude is a pretentious asshole. "Oh Im waaay to good to be nominated for the grammy's, those are a contrite meaningless award and how dare they breathe my name and not recognize me for the greatness and unheard of talent that I have".

Also, I have seen a few bands I really enjoy get shit on in here. I actually like Mumford and Sons which has taken quite a bit of heat in here, I havent said a word though, cause I know that what happens in here, and I can see why people dont like them. They arent everybodies cup of tea, and neither is bon Iver. What you should do though is lambast everyone else who has a different opinion than you, especially in a thread whose sole purpose is to shit on bands.

Seriously, the way he puts his harmonies together, and when the piano is going all quiet like, and then the viola starts building the tension and then BOOM the brass pieces explode. I dont care if someone else did it 40 years before, Bethoven is incredible and you pussies cant get on board with it cause you are fucking retarded.

Seriously, the way he puts his harmonies together, and when the piano is going all quiet like, and then the viola starts building the tension and then BOOM the brass pieces explode. I dont care if someone else did it 40 years before, Bethoven is incredible and you pussies cant get on board with it cause you are fucking retarded.

Awesome explanation of Beethoven.

They were doing that in the Medieval period. GTFO.

So glad I had downtime to recheck this thread.....the venue I'm interning at is doing brunch....and I'm waiting on Polyphonic Spree to finish eating so we can load in their 10-tons of fucking equipment (including 225lbs of confetti).....place is crowded as shit....and I burst out laughing....and the crowd went quiet...and starred intently......A+ for the name change of this thread, made my life awkward outside of the internet....well played well played well played

I'm too frazzled to think of another band to ridicule currently, just thought i'd share the awesomeness of this thread in my real life

Saves the Day

La Dispute

Tegan and Sara

The Refused

At the Drive In

Mumford and Sons

Beatles

NOFX

Neutral Milk Hotel

Elliot Smith

Early November

Jawbreaker

Dashboard Confessional

Rise Against

FEAR

I just can't get hip to these bands :/

but elliott smith is a great band!!

how can you not like the band elliott smith?

elliott smith just might be my favorite band!

i love the band elliott smith!