Thrice - Beggars/Alchemy Repress

Man this just sucks. I put my Alchemy on EBay pretty recently cause I was super strapped for cash. I was so happy when it sold for $204. But then the winner messages me a few hours later saying he can't pay for it. Second chance offers never came through and I'm still broke. And then this :(

Insound is showing Beggars as still available.

http://www.insound.com/Beggars-LP-Thrice/P/INS78112/

probably the same pressing that banquet has up

Just ordered one, says it's 'backordered'... seems unlikely. I also ordered a 'backordered' copy of War all the Time that way from them... it never showed... obviously.

I talked to Randy at Cobraside....he said these are a ways off still. That could mean 3 months, that could mean next year.

These pre-orders sound a little premature. Especially since there's no info at all about these represses.

This seems to be the normal order of all things vinyl related as of late. Label/band announces speculative release -> cue hype -> pre-orders launch -> delays delays delays

Hmm. I'd be lying if I said I didn't hope TAI didn't get the same packaging for the repress... Something that legit should be only for the 1st press.

Agreed. I'd like to someday own The Alchemy Index, and I'd be happy with a cheaper, black vinyl press with less impressive packaging. And I'm willing to bet that that's what this repress will be, so prices won't necessarily go down for the first press.

I talked to Randy at Cobraside....he said these are a ways off still. That could mean 3 months, that could mean next year.

These pre-orders sound a little premature. Especially since there's no info at all about these represses.

This seems to be the normal order of all things vinyl related as of late. Label/band announces speculative release -> cue hype -> pre-orders launch -> delays delays delays

i think it's supposed to go:

speculative release -> Kickstarter -> cue hype -> pre-orders launch -> delays delays delays -> melodramatic statment from band/label about delays -> profit.

Why can't everyone think like this?

I have no problem with his blog he should just credit where he gets the stuff from. I think having a blog on vinyl is great as it'll hopefully help spread it to the masses so vinyl becomes more widely produced, I just don't think you should write up a story and not give a source for all your info. Especially if its all from the same place.

he has "writers" for his blog now. because trolling various sites for news and never citing a source for posts is too much work for one individual. ::) ::) ::)

on Banquet Records http://www.banquetrecords.com/VRUK101CD

"Despite having had this sold in to us by a distributor we've just heard there's licensing issues with this and the current state of play is that we are not to pre-sale it anymore. Sorry for the confusion. WE understand this will be sorted soon, and your order remain on our system unless you get in touch to cancel them in the meantime."

I wonder what the licensing issues are?

• 4 months later...

Sorry for the bump of an old thread, but I just emailed cobraside again to try and weasle a response out of them, and this is what I got back from someone there named Randy Boyd:

"Sorry, both are out of print and won’t be reissued."

That's all that was in the email.

I agree. I think Alchemy on just four 10"s with less intricate packaging for $40 or so would sell extremely quickly, even a run of 2-3k. It would save fans from paying $300 on eBay PLUS they would make a fucking ton of money. Even Beggars on standard black again would sell out in no time I'm sure if they did another 2k. It makes absolutly no sense.

I had talked to Cobraside as well a while back and asked them about these and said Id like to carry both of them and they didnt seem like they were interested in pressing them at that time.

Im sure eventually at least Beggars will be repressed. Just not sure how long that might be.

any word on a repress of identity crisis?