Fireworks - We Are Everywhere 12" + Acoustic Flexi

kylet

So happy I was able to get a package. I feel like this band is overlooked and under appreciated by a lot of people, but bands like The Wonder Years get so hyped and kids eat it up. Don't get me wrong, I love The Wonder Years, but that being said, I think Fireworks deserves a little more credit. Gospel was one of the best albums of last year IMO.

Not that it really matters but The Wonder Years are a joke compared to most bands, especially Fireworks.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So happy I was able to get a package. I feel like this band is overlooked and under appreciated by a lot of people, but bands like The Wonder Years get so hyped and kids eat it up. Don't get me wrong, I love The Wonder Years, but that being said, I think Fireworks deserves a little more credit. Gospel was one of the best albums of last year IMO.

Fireworks may get overlooked compared to the Wonder Years, but they're still pretttty hyped too. I don't think people were as receptive to Gospel though

Fireworks may get overlooked compared to the Wonder Years, but they're still pretttty hyped too. I don't think people were as receptive to Gospel though

I would say that's exactly why this conversation began. Gospel is 10x better than their debut, no question. But, it's also different. Maybe if they had written the same album twice like The Wonder Years did then they would still be as popular as they were at the end of '10.

I personally Fireworks' lyrics get progressively better with each album, but the music on Gospel is awesome, too. The reason I think it's so different is because its less "Pop Punk" and more "Pop" (without trying to sound lame). It's definitely not as heavy and they explored into some new territory. Also, I won't lie, I didn't expect it to be that great before I first listened and I'm so happy that I was so wrong.

Edit: I agree 100% when you say you don't think people were as receptive with Gospel, but I think a lot of it has to do with everyone and their mother jumping on the pop-punk bandwagon while Fireworks are kind of slowly shying away from the stereotypical pop punk pigeonhole.

The Fireworks/Wonder Years hype ratio is like 1/1000000

Heyyyyyy guys. There was a big fire near our office putting out the power over a huge area of downtown boston. We haven't been able to ship anything for a few days because of it, but we got the daylight 2nd press and Fireworks LPs ready to go once we get our power back!

already excited to get my yellow copy!