Fireworks - We Are Everywhere 12" + Acoustic Flexi

kylet

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's up with everyone doing flexi's the past year or so?

I think pirates press did some heavy promoting of them and I'm sure they're cheap as fuck to make. I'm guess as cheap as a buck or two and then sell them for $6 or $7. Cheaper to ship. A big win for any record label I think...

What's up with everyone doing flexi's the past year or so?

I think pirates press did some heavy promoting of them and I'm sure they're cheap as fuck to make. I'm guess as cheap as a buck or two and then sell them for $6 or $7. Cheaper to ship. A big win for any record label I think...

Anyone buying a flexi for 6 bucks is retarded. There is a reason why they are given out for free in magazines ::)

Anyone buying a flexi for 6 bucks is retarded. There is a reason why they are given out for free in magazines ::)

Exactly. They are ~$1 apiece to press, but they're not meant to be sold like 7"s. They're a novelty/promo item.

Exactly. They are ~$1 apiece to press, but they're not meant to be sold like 7"s. They're a novelty/promo item.

A big loss for people that actually listen to records. These sound terrible and are terrible gimmick.

A big loss for people that actually listen to records. These sound terrible and are terrible gimmick.

^ This, I have yet to hear a flexi that doesn't sound awful.

They are only under $1 if you press 2,000+. Not many people are pressing 2,000 flexis these days.

They are only under $1 if you press 2,000+. Not many people are pressing 2,000 flexis these days.

Here's a quote I received (I was thinking of adding a flexi to an upcoming release as a bonus) This is before shipping and taxes and all that.

CLEAR, TRANSLUCENT RED, OR OPAQUE BLACK STOCK FLEXI SPECIALS!!!

Includes all mastering, plating, 5 test pressings, and one-sided flexis with one-color label area stamping, cut into squares and inserted into polybags! These are one sided and maximum playing time is 6 minutes.

250 pieces for $475 ($1.90 per unit)

500 pieces for $650 ($1.30 per unit)

Prices below are more geared towards inserting into magazines, so they include all the same as above, but instead of polybags, they're perforated for binding into a magazine!

1000 pieces for $1000 ($1 per unit)

2000 pieces for $1400 (.70 per unit)

3000 pieces for $1900 (.63 per unit)

5000 pieces for $3000 (.60 per unit)

Here's a quote I received (I was thinking of adding a flexi to an upcoming release as a bonus) This is before shipping and taxes and all that.

Includes all mastering, plating, 5 test pressings, and one-sided flexis with one-color label area stamping, cut into squares and inserted into polybags! These are one sided and maximum playing time is 6 minutes.

Prices below are more geared towards inserting into magazines, so they include all the same as above, but instead of polybags, they're perforated for binding into a magazine!

Yeah this is just the info pasted from here http://www.piratespress.com/cms/flexi-records

Yeah this is just the info pasted from here http://www.piratespress.com/cms/flexi-records

Any hint as to when we will see this?