Minus the Bear - Menos El Oso - 2nd Pressing?

I recently received a test pressing for Minus the Bear's 2005 Release of Menos El Oso. I have had that vinyl since it was first released in 2005. The date of the Test Pressing I have is November 19th, 2010. I was wondering if anyone may have some insight as to if this pressing sounds any different from the original?

[image]

Just asking Jake everytime I had the chance, He got me in touch with someone at Suicide Squeeze and I was also able to score a Test for the Highly Refined Pirates Repress as well as the test for This Is What I Know About Being Gigantic. Updated some pics

This Is What I Know About Being Gigantic

[image]

Highly Refined Pirates Repress

[image]

does menos el oso need a repress? it seems like its always been widely available.. and for cheap

though it would be nice if they did some variants with it. ive always been curious why this is the only album that they didnt get creative with.

does menos el oso need a repress? it seems like its always been widely available.. and for cheap

though it would be nice if they did some variants with it. ive always been curious why this is the only album that they didnt get creative with.

right? it's certainly readily available and doesn't sell too much even on re-sale.

i think the only thing to come out of that was the city on film/mtb 7" spilt with a remix of this ain't a surfin' movie remix. i sold my copy, but i kinda regret it now. i liked the remix!

My theory about MEO is that they haven't just been going on the stock from the initial press when the album came out but have actually continued to press more quantities as demand dictates. I could be wrong but its just weird that this album had all but disappeared from retail outlets for a few months and then was suddenly everywhere again. I wouldn't be surprised if it had gotten another press.

Ditto. I have multiple copies of all their albums (except for Omni) and I would buy another copy of Menos El Oso in a heartbeat if it were pressed on 180g or a color other than plain black.

Seriously, just take my money already.

• 3 years later...