Sending money as 'gift' neg karma user.

higher post count is more indicative of trustworthiness than karma.

general rule of thumb is if someone wants you to send money as a gift, offer an extra $1 to cover the paypal feel and send it as a purchase. it's not worth it to risk unless you've dealt with the seller before or they have an excellent reputation for selling on the board. like what nothingnatural said, most people won't expect you to pay as a gift unless they've bought / sold / traded with you before.

now go spend all your money.

Great advice.

As you can see I have very negative karma, but have bought/sold/trader around 300 times on the boards.

Never send as a gift.

exactly, anytime someone asks to send as a gift, I just send them $2 on top of whatever I owe them, just so much easier that way and I seriously could give a fuck about a buck or two to make sure I'm covered by paypal.

What would be cool is if proboards had a legit trader addon deal like some other forums have..

have said it before and ill say it again...

if you can invest your time in the process of selling a record on here or elsewhere (ya know, compiling the list, answering PMs, yielding offers and/or haggling set sale prices), then you can figure out how to get your ass to the post office within a reasonable amount of time. ANYONE with a printer and a paypal account can print paypal labels and just drop that shit off. you dont even need to stand in line.

when i sell, i request gift payment. and i justify it under the pretense that im an active member of this community whose identity is far from hidden, and the last thing i want to do is sully any of that.

people dont always dig, but whatevz. harmless request.

when i sell, i request gift payment. and i justify it under the pretense that im an active member of this community whose identity is far from hidden, and the last thing i want to do is sully any of that.

people dont always dig, but whatevz. harmless request.

Same here. I'm not exactly anonymous. If you can't trust me with a gift transaction, then I don't really wanna do business with you.

Only send money as a gift if you're dealing with someone you've dealt with many times and even then you to be weary. I say anyone asking to have money sent as a gift on a first transaction with a particular person is an asshole. If you can't pay the fee, don't sell the fucking thing.

::)

I ask every person to send me the money as a gift, so I don't get fucked over on a Paypal claim. I know I'm a dependable person that knows how to ship records the proper way. I'm way more worried about someone saying they never got the package and being out the entire purchase amount than I am a PayPal fee. I also email the person a picture of the box and the USPS receipt after it's mailed. PayPal can take their fees from the big retailers. I also tend to send money as a gift, I've been ripped off by the regular payments over the years though and never the gifted payments.

I barely ever sell things either, but I sell a random double here and there when I come across a thread where someone is looking for records I don't need. I thinking gifting is just fine, but always look for their references before hand in the good sellers thread or their sales threads.

I almost always pay as a gift. My iPod usually doesn't give me a choice, as I use the PayPal app on it. I haven't been fucked over yet. Unless I was buying so much that I forgot. But I don't think so. xDD I've gotten fucked over multiple times through sending a payment through eBay though. Generally, if I see the person has over 1,000 posts, I usually assume they're solid. The only time I really request a payment sent as a gift is if it's over $50. Cuz, really, 30cents verses not being able to print a label through PayPal is a no-brainer. And like Paul said, I've got a lot of negative karma, but I've never screwed anyone over. Of course, he's been around longer and sold much more stuff. People tend to give you negative karma because they don't like a band you're looking for releases by or something.

Only send money as a gift if you're dealing with someone you've dealt with many times and even then you to be weary. I say anyone asking to have money sent as a gift on a first transaction with a particular person is an asshole. If you can't pay the fee, don't sell the fucking thing.

::)

I ask every person to send me the money as a gift, so I don't get fucked over on a Paypal claim. I know I'm a dependable person that knows how to ship records the proper way. I'm way more worried about someone saying they never got the package and being out the entire purchase amount than I am a PayPal fee. I also email the person a picture of the box and the USPS receipt after it's mailed. PayPal can take their fees from the big retailers. I also tend to send money as a gift, I've been ripped off by the regular payments over the years though and never the gifted payments.

I barely ever sell things either, but I sell a random double here and there when I come across a thread where someone is looking for records I don't need. I thinking gifting is just fine, but always look for their references before hand in the good sellers thread or their sales threads.

Leave it to you to quote my post. You're one of maybe two people I will send money as a gift to.

if someone wants a gift payment extremely badly, just send them a regular payment and add in the paypal fee. so for $18, you would send $18.82 instead. Fee is something like 2.9% of amount plus $0.30 per payment I believe.

ive had a few people do this.

when requesting gift payment, i always promise a tracking number with the package.. which i provide anyway.