DAVE HAUSE 7" series coming soon

"I released Resolutions last year, which is a full blown studio record with all the bells and whistles. I toured all over the world, playing the vast majority of the shows with just an acoustic guitar. People responded extremely positively to the record, but many folks asked if I would be releasing any versions of the songs the way I mostly performed them live, truly solo, just me and a guitar. It got me thinking that it would be cool to release stripped down versions of the songs with different arrangements and to put them out on a series of 7"s, and I figured it would be unique to have an array of my favorite labels put them out. I asked around to various friends and got things rolling, and went back in the studio to record 20 songs: all 10 tracks from Resolutions re-arranged, and 2 covers from each of the labels putting out a 7", from artists in their catalogs.

Pete Steinkopf and I had a blast recording, and I'm looking forward to them coming out. Looks like Side One Dummy will release theirs first, on Record Store Day, and then each month a different label will put out another 7", with artwork by Matt Hock (The Explosion), 5 releases in total. There are some strange covers and truly unique moments from those sessions, I'm looking forward to these songs seeing the light of day.

The press release:

Dave Hause' Resolutions will be the first in a monthly series of 7" releases on various independent labels. Hause, the front-man for Philadelphia based punk band The Loved Ones, is teaming up with Side One Dummy, Jade Tree, Chunksaah and Bridge Nine Records amongst others. Each release will feature Hause covering two songs from the respective label's catalog as well as two alternate takes of Hause originals. Resolutions will feature covers of Audra Mae's "The River" (From the 2010 release The Happiest Lamb) and Flogging Molly's "Whistles The Wind" (From the 2004 release Within A Mile of Home.) Alternate versions of "Resolutions" and "Melanin" from Hause’ first full-length will also appear on the release. The pressing is limited to 300 copies on black vinyl and 300 on white vinyl."

http://www.facebook.com/notes/dave-hause/7-series-coming-soon/305763139479659

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I released Resolutions last year, which is a full blown studio record with all the bells and whistles. I toured all over the world, playing the vast majority of the shows with just an acoustic guitar. People responded extremely positively to the record, but many folks asked if I would be releasing any versions of the songs the way I mostly performed them live, truly solo, just me and a guitar. It got me thinking that it would be cool to release stripped down versions of the songs with different arrangements and to put them out on a series of 7"s, and I figured it would be unique to have an array of my favorite labels put them out. I asked around to various friends and got things rolling, and went back in the studio to record 20 songs: all 10 tracks from Resolutions re-arranged, and 2 covers from each of the labels putting out a 7", from artists in their catalogs.

Pete Steinkopf and I had a blast recording, and I'm looking forward to them coming out. Looks like Side One Dummy will release theirs first, on Record Store Day, and then each month a different label will put out another 7", with artwork by Matt Hock (The Explosion), 5 releases in total. There are some strange covers and truly unique moments from those sessions, I'm looking forward to these songs seeing the light of day.

The press release:

Dave Hause' Resolutions will be the first in a monthly series of 7" releases on various independent labels. Hause, the front-man for Philadelphia based punk band The Loved Ones, is teaming up with Side One Dummy, Jade Tree, Chunksaah and Bridge Nine Records amongst others. Each release will feature Hause covering two songs from the respective label's catalog as well as two alternate takes of Hause originals. Resolutions will feature covers of Audra Mae's "The River" (From the 2010 release The Happiest Lamb) and Flogging Molly's "Whistles The Wind" (From the 2004 release Within A Mile of Home.) Alternate versions of "Resolutions" and "Melanin" from Hause’ first full-length will also appear on the release. The pressing is limited to 300 copies on black vinyl and 300 on white vinyl."

Around the world my ass. Never came west of chicago.

The press release:

Around the world my ass. Never came west of chicago.

He did some shows in California last summer with Alkaline Trio. ??? I saw him in San Francisco on that tour, isn't that as west as it gets for the U.S.? ha, ha.

I saw him last year with Frank Turner at Bottom of the Hill in SF. He was definitely in the west.

Fuck, how was that? I was dying to go, but couldn't make it. Didn't he cover Hot Water Music that night?

It was amazing. He did, he covered "Trusty Chords" and Frank covered NOFX's "Lori Meyers" with a girl from the opening band. There was at least one or two more covers by each, I think. It was a great show. I was bummed that Dave was out of the screened "Resolutions" jackets though. I got over it.

What a task to pick just 2 songs from each labels back catalogue, the Jade Tree release will be very interesting.

I was thinking the same thing. Gonna be interesting to see what songs he picks from each label.

I'm pretty excited for this series. I've liked pretty much everything he's done, solo or with a band, can't wait to hear what he does with this project.

I swear he's played London Ontario 5 times in the past 2 years, and I'm not complaining at all! He plate the Nite Owl, which is tiny, 2x for free, and had an impromptu jam session with Chuck Ragan there after last years Revival Tour

Yeah same with Toronto, he Chuck Ragan and Chris Cresswell from Flatliners did a secret show at the Bovine during NXNE. With all of them playing together on and off during Chuck's set, was a pretty awesome night.

Fuck the HC 7" is gonna make me have to go out for RSD, and the two closest stores to me have closed. Gonna have to make a fairly long drive.

Are these releases going to be avaialble online, or only in physical stores because we always get shat on in Canada

Fuck the HC 7" is gonna make me have to go out for RSD, and the two closest stores to me have closed. Gonna have to make a fairly long drive.

Are these releases going to be avaialble online, or only in physical stores because we always get shat on in Canada

Since the first one is going to be released on RSD, I think it will only be in participating stores, but the others are monthly, right? So who knows how those are going to work...