Angry USPS messages?

are you sure the postal worker wrote that?

Of course ,he doesnt.

I am still wondering how the post man who delivers to his work knows where he lives that he should move. You know with 35 million people living in tri state area

But hey, I guess it makes fun message board ranting

Is there any way to prove that the mailman actually wrote that?(Not saying that he didnt write it I am just curious how you would prove it to the post office)

Got a pile of mailers with similar writing. Mainly saying closed when they tried to deliver on Saturday. I also doubt Kings Road merch was upset to send the order to my job.

Theres the first part to your answer. Who else would write on my mailer? When the mail comes off the postal truck/from the mailman (depending on weight) it goes to a desk literally 10 feet from mine.

I never said this particular postal worker knows where I live. I said I work at a college as an Admissions Counselor. It's obviously a place of business because there are no dorms and its Jewish so no one is in the building on Saturday (I have a bunch of mailers that say "closed.") So hes clearly upset personal mail with labels from Kings Road, Fat Wreck, Kiss Of Death etc. being delivered to a business. However, I don't know which postal worker wrote it. A lot of people have personal packages delivered to their office.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I work in a warehouse and get my mail delivered there because the local post office is open 9:30-5:00 and I work 9:00-5:30 every day. Australia Post is expensive but generally the postmen are easy going and careful.

The mailman that comes to my work delivers work mail and my mail separately so he can give my packages to me in person and ask about which record I received this time. I gave him a $50 DVD/CD voucher last Christmas to thank him. (I got the voucher free through work so I feel a little cheap, but).

My mailman is great. Whenever I get records or anything that's not an envelope he'll ring the bell to alert me that it's there. I live on a street that has a school across from it and the records stick right out of my box. I've never had one stolen, but it could happen and I appreciate the doorbell as I'm generally around (or a roommate is) to hear it.

OP: perhaps you should consider that the intent isn't malicious... considering your records show up safe and sound, this could be something playful. i mean, maybe the dude is just poking fun of you for getting your personal mail delivered to a college. if he were really a jerk, he'd send you the message in another way, like folding a record or something. any possibility it's a coworker who receives the mail messing with you? it just seems to goofy to be something to worry about.

They are all mostly from NYC and Long Island FYI.

In NJ the majority of the cast of Jersey Shore would be known as Bennies.

True, only one is from jersey i believe. Head a little further south and they're shoobies. Mostly coming out of philly and points west. this is what we have to deal with every summer. should explain a lot.

jersey has a bad rap. if it keeps people out the of state all the better. it's crowded enough. In Jersey you have a diverse array habitats within easy reach of each other. Within two hours you can get to NY, Philly, the shore, the pine barrens down south, the "mountains" of north jersey and more. It's the most densely populated state in the union; however, it's still 2nd in blueberrys; 3rd in cranberries and eggplant, 4th in bell peppers, peaches, and head lettuce. The Pine Barrens is a unique habitat only found in a few places in the eastern US - home to many rare species, such as pine barrens treefrogs, blackbanded sunfish, swamp pink and others. It's amazing place even with all the chiggers.

I like how this turned into a Jersey lovefest.

But I can also vouch for my Jersey mailmen I've had. I had an older african american woman and some guy that looked like a pedophile. Both were extremely careful with my packages and got tipped for it well on holidays.

My mailman is one of the coolest people I know, always puts my packages out of the sun and sometimes even brings my mail up to my doorstep and knocks to say hello. We've recommended him some good doctors due to his wifes serious illness and it's good to know he doesn't take it for granted. We also slip him a sapporo every now and then ;)

was it a new mailer or used? I've had messages on boxes from distributors and such. I've written things on mailers hoping the person would see them when they got the record too.

Kings Road Merch. It was my Every Time I Die/Menzingers order.

so I assume it was a brand new mailer they used. maybe an angry co-worker?

Japan Post (now fully privatized) is pretty fantastic.

Like most people, I'm usually at work at 4 pm when my mail is delivered, so the carrier often doesn't bring the record, just a slip saying that it's at the PO. But in March and August, I'm usually home.. I understand not wanting to walk up 3 flights of stairs with the odds being I won't be there..

I do have a beef with USPS because MOST of my orders from the USA ONLY come beat up. Sometimes they arrive a month late in deformed packages. This happened recently when I ordered textbooks with $80+ international express mail. Came 10 days late with severe water damage in a dented box.

These days I've been writing cute and silly messages to the USPS on my mailers that I sent out like, "Thanks for not bending! =) "

I've got no issues with my local post office or post wo/man. I'm normally at work when the mail is delivered but my packages are always in good shape. The local post office is great the only issue I have is shipping media mail. I don't know if all USPS locations are like this but whenever you ship media mail you have to leave the package unopened so they can inspect. When shipping DVD's it's super easy for me, I don't have to seal anything, they do half my work for me. The problem is when shipping records I want to ensure it's properly sealed so that always leads to a hassle, explaining that I want to see it sealed so I know it's ideally packed fro shipping. As a heads up I've never had an issue with missing DVDs or records. I've shipped 200 or more DVDs and 20+ records with only 1 DVD going missing in transit.

The other oddity is I get an absurd amount of my packages on Sunday mornings. Today I had 4 boxs of records sitting in front of my door when I woke up, all from different places.